Hooking up 2 coaxils to 1 hu channel?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Would it be ok to use my rear channels of my hu to power 2 coaxils on each channel? The speakers would be some 4 ohm kicker coaxils. I would use one 3'5 for the dash and one 6'5 for the rear doors on the rear left channel then another pair on the rear right channel. Would that be fine and still be a 4 ohm load?

Yes, by wiring it that way you would either have a 2 ohm load or 8 ohm load depending if they were wired in parallel or series, respectively. I'd suggest amping your speakers if you can, your HU doesn't put out much power at all.

Your headunit will most likely not like a 2 ohm load. It will probably work under low volume levels but overheat and turn off and high volume. Either wire them to 8 ohm (in series) or amp them.

So what if I use a 4 channel amp to power some mids and tweets could I then use my front and rear channels off my hu for coaxils in the dash and rear doors?
If you have a 4 channel amp there is no reason to run ANY of you mids or highs to the radio. Run all of your door/dash speakers on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.