hooking CD player back up after system has been removed

coasterbot

OK so Im not stupid Im just a chick who bought a new car and the cd player isnt hooked up. There was a system in the car and the previous owner removed the amp and the subs (boo) now the CD player wont even power up. There's a wire that hangs down in the trunk that was hooked to the amp and I have no idea what to plug it to. Help! I dont want to have to go to Stereo West for something this stupid.

I would check the fuse in the fuse panel first to see if its blown?????That wire hanging down prob went to a stock amp at the rear,or may go to a speaker/cd changer(who needs those these days with usb/sd slots),.Check the fuse panel first though/radio

I would also check the plug in of the HU to see if its even connected at all after checking the fuse.Something i also was thinking about, It may be possible that the existing HU was taken for the simple fact that it is easier to plug the existing amplifier back in to ,and throw another deck in that isnt wired up/needs wiring harness as well??Its a crappy way to do people,and it was done to me in the past.Check fuse first.Then id wait for some daylight and remove the radio/dash to see whats going on???

If you don't know anything about car audio then I'm sorry to say, you need to find someone who does or pay a pro shop to check out your car's system.

The real reason I say that is because I've seen way to many people who trade in their cars and do a completely halfassed job of removing their stereo equipment. That wire along with any other old wires may be live and god forbid it grounds out.

Had someone bring me their car about a month ago. Obviously some dumbass riceburner teenage had owned it before (aftermarket headers on a ford focus...lmao). The amp had been removed and both the power wire and remote wire were live and just cut off near the drivers seat, under the carpet. Luckily they did not ground on anything in the couple days she had it.

yikes! Ok Im going to Stereo West. The HU is awesome and god knows if I pull it out I'll never get it back in again. Its definitely worth paying an installer to fix the problem for me. Thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.