Hooked up my Type R today....impressions

Camaro_man
10+ year member

So I finally recieved this fine piece of machinery yesterday but I didnt have time to hook it up b/c I blew my 60a fuse unhooking my amp (I know, should have disconnected the battery)..radio shack, walmart, or my local hardware store didnt have a 60a agu glass fuse, and I had to be at work and didnt have time to drive to Advanced Auto.

First of all, I'm going from 1 L5 in a vented enclosure fed 600rms, to two of these, each getting 600rms a piece in a 1.5 cube ea sealed enclosure. I only have 1 hooked up now, I have to wait to get the other.

I'll start off by saying this sub is pretty massive and very well-built. Shipping weight was 25lbs, yeah...it pretty heavy. As far as sound goes...obviously it sounds better than the L5. The bass is very tight, but also can get very loud, whereas the bass from the L5 was just boomy and didnt really sound all too great. The sub really moves, I was impressed at how good it sounded in a pretty small, sealed enclosure.

Overall, I love this sub. I'm glad I chose it over the CVR's, and i'd take it over L5. If everything goes according to plan, I will have the other sub and amp and have everything hooked up by the end of the week. I expect it to be really loud, but also sound really good...I will definately let you guys know how it goes.

25lbs and heavy shouldn't really go together, lol. Heavy is anything 55lbs and over. My L7s weigh like 25 lbs a piece and are as light as a feather compared to my past 12" 9500 and 18" XXX

i wish my MTs weighed 25lbs, its kicking my butt with it and the box for gas mileage

i also think i broke my back when i went to pull one out of the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, they are not fun

and the stupid basket digs into you hand, it hurts so bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

good to hear that you like them. do you know if the type r's have a vented back plate or not? the reason that i ask is b/c i dont know how far away the magnet of the sub has to be from the back of the box, also how far away is your magnet to the back of the box.

thank you for the help

My old 18XXX was 63lbs and that was a ***** to carry around. My 12" 9500 was 57lbs and pinched skin off my fingers when I dropped it in, those *****es are nasty. I think the L7s are sexier though. Seeing 4 in a giant 24" square looks badass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.