Honda Fit USB question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Doesn't change the fact that the audio signal went from her iPhone to ther speakers.
uhm... OK....

but FYI, the digital MP3's or AAC's or whatever format she used, went from the phone to the head unit, where the head unit used it's own D/A converter to convert the digital file to analogue audio, which made it's way to a pre-amp, and then an amp (within the OEM head unit unless you have something else), and ultimately to the cars speakers.

You can not input analogue audio to the USB input of the car. (the RCA outputs from your XM Commander are analogue FYI).

uhm... OK....
but FYI, the digital MP3's or AAC's or whatever format she used, went from the phone to the head unit, where the head unit used it's own D/A converter to convert the digital file to analogue audio, which made it's way to a pre-amp, and then an amp (within the OEM head unit unless you have something else), and ultimately to the cars speakers.

You can not input analogue audio to the USB input of the car. (the RCA outputs from your XM Commander are analogue FYI).
& of course an adapter that converts analog to digital wouldn't solve that.

This is the piece I ordered, but of course it won't work....

USB 2/2 Line-Level Audio Interface

& of course an adapter that converts analog to digital wouldn't solve that.
This is the piece I ordered, but of course it won't work....

USB 2/2 Line-Level Audio Interface

I'd like to direct your attention to the "System requirements" of that device you linked...

You'll notice that it does not claim compatibility with a Honda fit OEM headunit.

System RequirementsWorks on Windows XP 2003/Vista/2008 and Windows 7

Works on Mac OS X 10.4 or later

And finally, a quote from HONDA re: the FIT USB interface. --

[1] The USB Audio Interface is used for direct connection to and control of some current digital audio players and other USB devices that contain MP3, WMA or AAC music files. Some USB devices with security software and digital rights-protected files may not work. Please see your Honda dealer for details.
Since the device you linked doesn't output MP3's, WMA's or AAC's - it will not work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.