Honda Element

This spiraled, got all the way to a dsp.

active capable android auto ready Pioneer unit is $300. 13 band eq isn’t bad and likely connects to the app that extends to 31

plenty of recommendations on the forum for my first active setup. My active setup in my suv screams and I don’t have crazy amounts of expensive treatment or a dsp (I have some treatment). Ditched rears

pioneer gmd 9705 would be heck of a lot cheaper than that alpine or sundown amp recommendation. Those are pricey amps for an ask of a 2005 Honda that’s basically a Dog carrier. You could select quality but budget minded products then pull the trigger on a stealthbox. Your perros arent gonna love crazy bass output anyways

something over those side ledges would be cool. Probably not a terribly costly custom build with wood. Amp on one side, slim sub on the other.

I think my last question was misinterpreted. I was asking where to buy separate woofer/tweeters that arent packaged with a crossover. I've since found them. Not planning to do a dsp- if I go active I'd use a deck with a 3-way crossover option built in.

Interesting that you mention that pioneer amp- literally was just looking at the specs for that. Might be good.

Car is actually my daily driver in addition to hauling dogs and bikes and home depot runs.

I'm not touching his tweeter.

Use the signal processing in the hu
What size speakers? 6.5s I guess? Most need crossed over around 2.5k/3k before beaming comes into play
so it would be nice to have a tweeter that can get close to as low as 3k. Look for a fairly low fs. Around 1500 or lower.
Generally a tweeter with a fs of 1500 can be crossed over safely as low as 3k. A 24 db slope would be nice to have on that example. Depending on how much power but ya get the idea. So look at the fs double it and that gives you an idea where it needs to be crossed over at..
I look for drivers with similar sensitivity ratings. Nothing too far apart anyway
That's the way I match drivers when going with raw drivers. Someone else might have a better different approach
Parts express or madisound

I think my last question was misinterpreted. I was asking where to buy separate woofer/tweeters that arent packaged with a crossover. I've since found them. Not planning to do a dsp- if I go active I'd use a deck with a 3-way crossover option built in.

Interesting that you mention that pioneer amp- literally was just looking at the specs for that. Might be good.

Car is actually my daily driver in addition to hauling dogs and bikes and home depot runs.
Oh what did you go with?

Good luck with yours. I just started my element and its going to be a fight I think. Nothing has gone easy which isnt a big surprise but the door is a absolute rattle trap. I deadened the door but didnt treat the door panel which is looking like a mistake.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.