Holy hell. Best Buy install prices.

NM, I was gonna say that I would help you for a small fee, but I have no experience with those cars and wouldnt wanna fuk anything up. Good luck.
all it is is a fancy toyota. IIRC, theres nothing special or different about an is300 that makes it harder.

bring it to tallahassee and i'll do it for you:D

QUOTE=Korn4Life;6850230]i paid 1200 back when I was 17 years old to have a local shop put a pair of subs in and amps.

My one buddy spent 1300 to have just some wire ran for a later install....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

all it is is a fancy toyota. IIRC, theres nothing special or different about an is300 that makes it harder.
bring it to tallahassee and i'll do it for you:D

Yeah, but I dont have the money to cover anything if I screw it up. The last thing I need is to screw up some member's budget luxury car and then him come on here and bash me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Yeah, but I dont have the money to cover anything if I screw it up. The last thing I need is to screw up some member's budget luxury car and then him come on here and bash me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
yeah such as puncturing the gas tank mounting the amps or finding a ground point (this has happened at Best Buy before, they have to cover the bill)

not only are you paying for services rendered, but also insurance since they have to pay a premium specifically tied to the car audio install bay

Dayyum, No wonder shops are closing down fast, only an idiot would pay that kind of money.

Especially when you start talking to them and you realize they know less than you. Had one tell me the other day the "big 3" was a waste of money. They charge big bucks for that kind of knowledge.

for BB that is high IMO cuz 90% of them are hacks. they just insisted to a member that i sold a dsc2000 too that even tho the manual says it requires 1 guage and it is 1 ohm stable they are gonna wire it at 4 guage and 4 ohms anyway because 1 ohm will ruin the amp lol, and then they charged him 160 for the labor and 140 for the 4guage kit. lol fucking hacks is all they are. for a real shop those prices are right in line IMO.

$200 is pretty rediculous if you ask me. It took me a whole 25 minutes to take out my stocker, run my constant 12v and ACC wires to my fuse box, run a ground wire, plug in RCA's, plug in the harness, and reassemble the dash. Thats not $200 worth of work. Maybe $75ish.

$200 is pretty rediculous if you ask me. It took me a whole 25 minutes to take out my stocker, run my constant 12v and ACC wires to my fuse box, run a ground wire, plug in RCA's, plug in the harness, and reassemble the dash. Thats not $200 worth of work. Maybe $75ish.
some cars take 45 minutes just to dis-assemble the dash and center console to get the deck out to begin with tho. not all cars as so simple as 45 minutes.

some cars take 45 minutes just to dis-assemble the dash and center console to get the deck out to begin with tho. not all cars as so simple as 45 minutes.
Truth. In high school I had a couple of 80's GM's. Terrible. The entire dash was one massive flimsy panel held up by so many screws.

Current car, 06 Altima. Cake. Pop the panel around the AC controls, remove 2 screws, pop the compartment over the deck out, remove 4 screws and the deck is in my lap. Love it.

That's the only reason I install my own stuff, because of the high installation prices. It just feels like a rip off. It's not that big of a deal unless you drive a Benz, Bmw, or Lexus. Those and other high dollar cars are harder to work with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.