hollywood sound labs????

hollywood sound labs was a buildhouse yrs ago. the made there lowend and mid level subs. the old 80series was the sh!t back in the day. so shitty there products were MADE IN THE USA!

The name makes them sound SICK bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol......this is so funny... but check this out! i am the very proud owner of 4 x12' subs from hollywood sound labs and it would be my pleasure to put them up against any other 12' subwoofers of any brand that are in the same power class as me and i but i will come out on top!

when buying anything first of all you have to remember that alot of us buy stuff becouse of the name( brand ) and a name will cost us more so in that case why pay for a name when we can buy something that dont have a big name and still get satisfaction that we want!!

hollywood is not a bad brand to the best of my knowledge i have proudly owned 8 different subwoofers from there line 1st 4 of there 1280d's which got stolen sadly!!... now i have 4 of there pro series excursion 12's and with either set i have not been disappointed so if i were you id jump on the band wagon with hollywood sound labs instead of talking down on them!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol......this is so funny... but check this out! i am the very proud owner of 4 x12' subs from hollywood sound labs and it would be my pleasure to put them up against any other 12' subwoofers of any brand that are in the same power class as me and i but i will come out on top!
when buying anything first of all you have to remember that alot of us buy stuff becouse of the name( brand ) and a name will cost us more so in that case why pay for a name when we can buy something that dont have a big name and still get satisfaction that we want!!

hollywood is not a bad brand to the best of my knowledge i have proudly owned 8 different subwoofers from there line 1st 4 of there 1280d's which got stolen sadly!!... now i have 4 of there pro series excursion 12's and with either set i have not been disappointed so if i were you id jump on the band wagon with hollywood sound labs instead of talking down on them!!
trlht.jpg

I have 2 Hollywood sound labs 12's that are black and have green surrounds, the problem is idk how watts they are. Do you know the ratings for them?
If they are the original HSL series from the 90's i'll be glad to take them off your hands.

I also have 2 of the green holloywood 12's that were new in 92 or 93 so if you want them pm me an offer but keep in mind I don't really want to get rid of them. Also if anyone has a enclosure recomendation for them to run off a PPI Sadona IQX500 i'm listening

im gonna say this.....yes they are still around and yes of course there still making some of the best product that you'd wonna buy but as for still making subwoofers for others....hmmm... i think not!!.... ( anymore! ).. that is! i think the foucus now is build our own and stop giving away our technology which is a smart move after all the years of building for other companies!!

and if you wonna know how i know all this... its becouse i did the research!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

and please be on the look out for there products in stores soon....i cant wait how bout you?

im gonna say this.....yes they are still around and yes of course there still making some of the best product that you'd wonna buy but as for still making subwoofers for others....hmmm... i think not!!.... ( anymore! ).. that is! i think the foucus now is build our own and stop giving away our technology which is a smart move after all the years of building for other companies!!
and if you wonna know how i know all this... its becouse i did the research!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

and please be on the look out for there products in stores soon....i cant wait how bout you?
lawl go market elsewhere hahaha

I have a pair of HSL1244SE's with original boxes, still in very good condition. Purchased in 1996 for $75 each. I had four, but two were stolen from a buddy who was borrowing them.

They are currently in my garage providing low end tunes. I still use them everyday, and they still sound nice.

Two of them next to a CV Vega124

hollywoodvsvega.jpg

tested with the Woofer Tester 3:

hollywoodhsl12seplot.jpg

back in 1997:

3808500001_large.jpg

I do have the original Hollywood Sound Labs spec sheet - from 1996-1997 with all of the models they offered at the time. I can dig that up if anyone is interested...

of course you are... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif sorry about the size, i just scanned it in. surprisingly, it was sitting on my basement counter for some reason. if i had to actually look for it you'd be out of luck.

HollywoodSoundLabs1001.jpg

HollywoodSoundLabs2.jpg

I have a pair of HSL1244SE's with original boxes, still in very good condition. Purchased in 1996 for $75 each. I had four, but two were stolen from a buddy who was borrowing them.
They are currently in my garage providing low end tunes. I still use them everyday, and they still sound nice.

Two of them next to a CV Vega124

hollywoodvsvega.jpg

tested with the Woofer Tester 3:

hollywoodhsl12seplot.jpg

back in 1997:

3808500001_large.jpg

care to sell one of those Hollywoods?

well snoopdan i'd say get the ones posted here they are in better shape sorry I didn't get any pics to ya but my kid broke her arm my phone broke and so did my car. Also mine are 5yrs older

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.