hollywood sound labs????

hollywood sound labs = trash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
um wow way to be ignorant.

Actually they make pretty good stuff and for a pretty dang good price

hollywood sound labs = trash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well i havent heard of em, so they must be trash. duuuh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

a buddy of mine had some hollywood subs that looked exactly like the older jl auido w6, same basket and everything. They were rated to take 600 watts rms and 1200 peak and they sounded horrible. The could not seem to take more then 2 or 300 watts rms without distorting. He also had hollywood components in his doors and i can swear his stocks sounded better, the midbass was lacking and the quality sound was just not there. He later changed his speakers to Infinity Kappa and his subs to Kicker and it was a world of differance using the same amps that he was using on the hollywoods

this was about 2 years ago or so, the subs looked exactly like the jl and even had the dual 6 ohm voice coils like the jl w6 subs. IMO hollywood is low end audio that is the same ballpark as pyramid, boss, legacy, rockwood, DHD and other brands that over rate the products

I have had a ton of audio brands in my time, JL W4s, W6s, CV, Kicker solos, Oz Audio, and Hollywoods. The later Hollywoods did go to garbage but the HSL series from the early mid 90s were the $hit! The ones with the green surround in a 2.25 cube box with a 4x8 port would desimate all if you had the room for them! If you had these subs and they sounded like trash, your box was trash not the subs. If anyone has any of the green surround HSLs I will buy all you can get!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.