holding a box together

Originally posted by violator5spd what diameter hole do i need to cut out for my re se's?? i know its less than 12"...maybe something closer to 11?
the manufacture should have specs for this with the subs.

Originally posted by violator5spd what diameter hole do i need to cut out for my re se's?? i know its less than 12"...maybe something closer to 11?
THe cutout diameter should be given in your manual...

but if you've got a hole cutter (look at my member gallery pics, I used the hole cutter and it cuts REALLY clean...very cheap too~), then just use the blades to measure how big a hole you really need, no need for minute adjusting..just drill and cut away~

no manual or specs came with the subs...nothing at all came, except the subs...the only specs i can find on them are these

12SE

Re 5.7

Fs 31.2

Qms 5.18

Qes .63

Qts .56

Vas 48.9 l

Sd 480 cm^2

Xmax 16mm

600 Watts RMS

Sealed: .75 cuft for SQl applications.

Ported: 2 cuft on up(tuned to 35Hz for daily apps)

sooo.....yea?

Ok, then here's another solution...

you could either

1. use a thread to go around the circle and then measure the length of the thread in order to get the diameter...voila~

2. go to your stationery shop and buy a flexible ruler...might be a bit hard to work with since it'll contain a flexible metal and might try to keep on sticking to your magnet...

Or, you could run a string, stick, somethingthatgivesyouradius from the center of the sub to the edge of the lip on the mounting surface... then transfer that to our box.. You might have to guess as to the 'center' of the woofer, but you should be able to come within a 1/16" or so.. at least, I think you can...just depends on you....

Originally posted by nswartley start out with a smaller cutout diameter, and then keep making bigger as necessary. DEFINITELY dont make it too big
good strategy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

how about just messureing man...not that big of a deal....and if your going to do the trial and error method suggested....get some 1/8" hard board and get your size done in there. Pretty much no matter how you cut your cirles (free hand jig saw, circle tempate on your router, roto zip, ect) there is no good way to cut just a little bit more off since the middle part that had the center is gone, thats why starting small and getting bigger, is not a great method, the best method "messure twice, cut once " //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so woodglue will work to seal a box?, do i NEED to go over the inside seams with silicone, i already put my sub in, but if its gonna make a big difference, i would take the sub back out, and seal it with the silicone.

what is the result if your box is "not quite sealed"

Originally posted by terifi so woodglue will work to seal a box?, do i NEED to go over the inside seams with silicone, i already put my sub in, but if its gonna make a big difference, i would take the sub back out, and seal it with the silicone.

what is the result if your box is "not quite sealed"
i would just do it anyways. definitely couldnt hurt, but it could only make it perform better

yeah, im just wondering if its worth the effort, when i got the wire from the terminal to the driver, it was just...well needless to say, too short, and it was very hard to hook the sub up, but i guess i may as well go head, hey then i can answer my own question, "is it really worth it" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by terifi yeah, im just wondering if its worth the effort, when i got the wire from the terminal to the driver, it was just...well needless to say, too short, and it was very hard to hook the sub up, but i guess i may as well go head, hey then i can answer my own question, "is it really worth it" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by evo2k3 yes...it is definitley really worth it...wood glue doesn't seal very well.
yep...wood glue isn't for sealing, just helping to hold it together, you definitely need to seal the inside of the box, if there is a leak it will sound like ****...kinda sounds boomy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.