HO Alt vs Dual OEM alt setup

In your position, I would probably run the dual alt setup. It is a bit more work to start off with, but worth it in the end. I do not have the option of running dual alts, unless I remove my A/C compressor, which isn't going to happen. I have been more than happy with my 300 amp alt from Nate at Excessive Amperage. Running 2 2500s strapped at 1 for almost 2 years now. No issues whatsoever.

It will effect MPG by .2-.5 mpg at the very most
Adds up when you drive 20k miles a year lol. But in your case I'd go ahead and do dual alts.

Another thing to think about with HO alts... Singer alts have a lifetime labor warranty, you only have to pay for parts

Gas mielege won't b hurt too bad with a duel. Remember the alt only pulls on the moter when you are pulling on it hard and even then only 1-2 mpg maybe. It is a shame that they charge so much for the bracket.

You might see if they will sale just the bracket and belt cause on amazon they have a 240 amp alt with a 3 year warranty for $170.00 you could probably get away with just the one alt but 2 would be better. Add up your fuses and that will be pretty close the the ampreage you need to shoot for. .

Things to find out. What type of alt does the kit come with? Is it a oem housing with upgraded guts? If so just buy the kit minus the alt and then buy your own 180-200 amp alt.

I know I have a ton of room but I don't want to kill my funds when a dual setup will be enough. Do you think the deal from DC or the one I posted is a good deal?? '
I just checked out their dual alt setup for gmc/ Chevy and it looks pretty good ( the DC one)

I am waiting on my alt I'm going to call tomorrow, if they haven't sent it out yet I might have them change it to the dual kit

Hellof a pic on the sundown 8's how do they sound?

They sound great! But I am moving on to Tantric 15's

I just checked out their dual alt setup for gmc/ Chevy and it looks pretty good ( the DC one)I am waiting on my alt I'm going to call tomorrow, if they haven't sent it out yet I might have them change it to the dual kit

Hellof a pic on the sundown 8's how do they sound?

I got lucky and they haven't sent my 270 Xp out yet so I changed my order to the dual kit with the 270xp only cost me 200 more and kit comes with everything. So I'll run my stock alt and the DC . So if I want to do changes to my system I shouldn't have to worry about power.

O and they got some cases back from anodizing and shipping out alts this week!

not sure how far the bolt positions are off from the 5.7L...i went to the local salvage yard and found a bracket from one of the early TBI trucks that came with a smog pump. mounted right up and put a 300amp ad244 in where the smog pump was. IMHO, running two completely different electrical systems was the best thing ive done in regard to my electrical.

Do you have any pics of this? Sounds interesting

not sure how far the bolt positions are off from the 5.7L...i went to the local salvage yard and found a bracket from one of the early TBI trucks that came with a smog pump. mounted right up and put a 300amp ad244 in where the smog pump was. IMHO, running two completely different electrical systems was the best thing ive done in regard to my electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sbarber82

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
sbarber82
Vegas baby
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date