Hmm, quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
So, as I get further and further into depth into car audio, I need to start knowing some basic outline details of my system. Well, I had a quick question referring to where your amplifier's power comes from.

If I understand the concept correctly, your amplifier is drawing power directly off of your battery, and your alternator recharges your battery as it gives power to your amplifier. Am I correct in thinking this?

-In an unrelated note: I'm selling some random car audio stuff to a guy, and was wondering what amplifier he was using it with. He said he was getting a 1000w amplifier from a friend for $40. "Idk and idc what it it is, just some audiobalm crap". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

When your car is running most of you juice comes from the alt, The battery will only supply if your voltage drops below the battery voltage.
So the amplifier is drawing power directly from the alternator, then?

yup. alt charges at 14.4v batts are at / around 12.6 to 13v so unless ur voltage drops below that 13v or w/e ur batt is the amp pulls from the alt. if ur dropping more its just draining ur batt. also ur alt will charge more at higher rpms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.