hitting hard and getting loud

Well I am not neccescarily sure about that....

System 1:

2 RE se 12s on 4.4kW 148.9 legal on the new TL

System 2: (Same box)

2 Crossfire XTF 15s on 8.8kW 147.8 legal on the new TL

To the ear the crossfires moved a TON more air than the RE's and actuall sounded louder. The REs felt like they were smacking you on the inside of your head with a sledgehammer but to the ear sounded quieter.

Incidentally the new sensor is a pressure change sensor, so I'm thinking the more powerful and defined the wave front, the louder it will read to the sensor hence why the REs were louder.....

Conclusions: RE's are loud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The old A/C and TL classic would likely have favored the XTFs due to the air movement, the new TL favored the REs from the abrupt wave front.

Yea my IDMAX 10s, with my rear seats down, moved alot of air in the car. I was very impressed when my installer sampled with a BASS CD. It hit HARD and moved massive air within the car itself.

The last comp I was at... there was a full size dodge ext. cab, with 4 juggs, 15"... That thing was really freaking loud to the ear (and to the body!) yet he just couldn't pull off any decent numbers on the termlab?

Maybe that kind of difference, loud to the ear, loud to the mic..... I dont think my setup is too loud to the ear? Well bad example, since its not too loud on the mic either!

3 different types of bass

1) sound quality. just sounds good. isnt over barring loud. but it hits all the notes really well. generally associated with sealed boxs

2) loud to the ear. feels very loud, sounds very loud. can sound sloppy, but it can also sound good. depends on who builds the box. generally associated with ported/vented boxs tuned low

3) sensor loud. you put it on a meter. it probably sounds like crap and it wont play anything but a single note. doesnt necessarily sound loud but it sure as hell puts up good numbers. generally associated with ported/vented boxs tuned a little higher. they peak with the resonating frequency of the car, and are more about air direction rather than pressurizing the whole cab of a vehicle (atleast the lower power class's)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.