High sensitivty 15" or 18"

jjones5000
10+ year member

Hey, me and my buddy want to set up a 15 or 18" sub for marine application. The boat just has a 50hp engine and (i'd assume) not a large alternator. We're looking for a big sub that doesn't take a lot of power to get loud. Preferrable d4 so we can get the most out of a mono-block amp. I know it's not going to get very loud on a boat (open air application). The way we're going to have it setup it water shouldn't be a concern, although moisture could be...

Anyone got any suggestions? I've checked out SS rl-p 15" subs and they look nice, but i don't know if getting an amp to do 500w RMS on the supplied electrical could cause issues.

I'm (as usual) looking for something more SQ oriented that SPL, cause i know SPL is a moot point. Just looking for something to add a little oompf to the low end.

Thanks guys, as always, you rock!

Or is it an unreal expectation to get a sub that large with a high sensitivity...

MJ 18 which is really good sounding sub my buddy has one is his car. Even tho he is runing under power it still hits really really hard like a megit hiting you in the chest. and sice you are pulling it on a boat it will be just fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.