High pitched noise from door speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jayls5
10+ year member

I recently installed a new cd player with 4 channel amp. I did all the wiring myself, and the rca's are not running near the power wire. I get a high pitched backround noise that goes away when RPM's are added. The noise is gone when the car is off (cd playr run in accessory mode), so this led me to believe this was a faulty ground. I used a router to grind away at any misc paint and improve the negative on seatbelt bolt and it still makes the same noise. Does anyone think this could be a CD player ground problem? I seem to be fresh out of ideas, so help would be appreciated.

Oh, equipment:

Alpine CDA-7995

Directed 500 4 channel amp

Two Directed 250D amps

4 guage wiring that leads to distibution block (then branches of to 2 8's and one 4)

Ground for all 3 amps are on the seatbelt bolt

I hate this problem!!!

In most cases I think it would be the ground. It sounds like you took care of the connection but try placing it somewhere else. If that did not work, I would ground the HU to a place in the dash. Trty to keep all grounds as short as possible. If all this don't work, like it didn't for me, you can get a noise filter.

uhh, thanks for the responses guys.........

ANYWAYS- i found the problem

RCA's were picking up distortion I relocated, and it went away. happy days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.