High Pitched Frequency Noise from Speakers... with Radio OFF

Participant count
  • Participant list

Farkel
10+ year member

I'm having a problem with noise coming out of my speakers when the head unit isn't even playing music. I'll describe the symptoms as best I can to hopefully isolate and narrow down the possible issue? 

1.) With the ignition in ACC mode, no music playing, there is a faint static/white noise type of sound coming from the speakers

2.) With the ignition turned to On, no music playing, there is a louder, higher pitched whine from the speakers. I recorded the video below to capture the noise: 

My set up is 4 speakers, front and rear, subwoofer, an external Amplifier in the back trunk, aftermarket head unit. 

Any help would be much appreciated

An older Alpine amp

I bought a pair of PAC SNI-1 ground loop isolators and plugged them into my Headunit's preamps to see if that would help... it didn't do anything. The whine is still there. The whine also gets proportionately louder when the car is on and you rev it

You have a ground loop issue mate!. Please check your grounds and re-tighten them.  Also check if your speakers are not in contact with the vehicle chassis as well. if unsure, apply electrical tape / sound deadening around the door speakers if not done already.  My money is its poor grounding point on the amp / vehicle chassis. :suave:

DSC_0678.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.