High Pitch Whine

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudblazer02
10+ year member

Original Rafter
I have tried to do everything i know to try and get rid of this high pitch whine, yes i know i have a Pioneer HU that are known for this but when i had my US Amps I/S 2100 it didnt do it, but now when i just installed my Orion 6002 i have some nasty whine, when i turn off my xover in the amp the comps sound like their taking off for flight.. if i play with the xover, the low pass on the amp i can make the noise go away but then my speakers sound horrible. I regrounded my amp somewere else since i had my Orion 2500D and 6002 in the same place maybe the Orion 2500D needed more grouding source(read somewere that this can happen) and nothing. Its the usualy noise that goes higher when accelerating. I removed the RCAs and turned on the car and no more noise. When i turn my HU off the noise goes away, so this means it isnt a ground right? Also when i had the XXX installed and i hit sub off on the HU my sub didnt completely turn off, it still hit softly. I have though of some thing iam going to try tommorow, they are. Oh, i also have the stock factory ground for the HU.

1. Remove antenna see what goes up.

2. Regrounding HU from factory black wire ground.

3. Buy new RCAs.

4. Anyway i can test my pre outs with my DMM?

Any more ideas? This little pitch gives me headaches sometimes... *cough*johnecon,jack*cough*

Thats interference from the power cables affecting the signal to the RCA's. Try not to run the rca's on the same side of the car as your power cables.
I do have the RCA's running next to my 0/1 at some point, thats because i ran my 0g through under my car and the only grommet was under the back seat behind the driver and my rcas are running through there, i dont think i can run the rcas through the other side since of the dash design, but im preatty sure thats not it. Im thinking its the antenna or the stock HU ground, but again it didnt do this with the usamps i/s 2100 i had before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.