High pitch buzzing comming from components

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So i finished my install today, everything powered up fine and worked as it should. I burped it a few times and stopped playing for a good 2 hours. Came back out did another burp and played a song, during the song my front stage freaked out and is now making this high pitched buzzing. Everything is fine, ground, power, rcas. It does NOT go up and down with the volume, stays at one steady volume. If i turn the radio or the car off it stops, else wise it doesnt stop. Any ideas here? Never had this problem and im puzzled.

Ok so this morning i turned everything on and the buzzing is gone. The components are no longer working though. Everything was working before i installed the subs and sub amp though. Gonna try new rcas and new speaker wire from the crossovers after I get off of work unless anyone has any better ideas.

Check your ground wire connection. I just had the same problem with my tweeters. When they did work they buzzed with the volume down, for me it was because the amp power was set to high, just tone it down a bit. As for them not working on and off my best bet would be the ground. I had the same problem checked rca's polarity etc, turned out to be the ground. Try the ground wire connection and if its loose in the amp terminal it can also turn on and off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.