AQ/SQ speakers, and or tweeters?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jflick092
10+ year member

Work Do'er
Ohio
I'm looking to upgrade my speakers in my car, I was looking at an MBQuart OA800.4 thats 100x4, I was thinking of getting either (4) QP-MR6.5's, or (2) QP-MR6.5's and (2) QP-TH25 super tweeters.

What do you think would sound better/ louder? I'm afraid the two speakers in the back wouldn't be noticed as much, but I also was wondering if I could run the speakers and tweeters off the same amp, and if a crossover is necessary. The amp has a HPF that can be adjusted for 2 channels.

Also I have no where to put the tweeters right now cause factory are only 1". I also read not to go much over 2.5" for mounting depth on door speakers for my car and the 6.5's are around 2.9"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If anyone's interested I ordered a set of each, and the oa800.4, built a box for the tweeters theyre on my rear deck now. The 6.5's had such a big magnet that it hit the door support and wouldnt fit. The mounts were also slightly bigger than stock so only two screws would fit. Mounting depth was fine the magnets just to wide for a fit so I'm thinkin about getting some polk db651's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif... Even with just these tweeters, the highs are much more clear over my hdc315.

Can you use mdf to use all the door's mounting holes, then svrew the speakers to the board. It will also help with the mounting depth.mostly depends on the door panel design if this is possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.