High Output Enclosures Picture Log

No, I drive my explorer. Buddy has a blazer.
in a sub up port back build with 2 subs, where is the more proven place for the port(s). on the driverside, in the middle, or on the passenger side? or does it just depend?

Sorry I just read quarter of the way, would you have something for a Critical Mass UL-12? Thank you......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/respekt.gif.b162d148236010609fe523122efe3729.gif

Sorry I just read quarter of the way, would you have something for a Critical Mass UL-12? Thank you......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/respekt.gif.b162d148236010609fe523122efe3729.gif
I design all my designs from scratch so I can make you something from scratch depending on what exactly you want.

in a sub up port back build with 2 subs, where is the more proven place for the port(s). on the driverside, in the middle, or on the passenger side? or does it just depend?
Technically, I think you'd still want to have port opposite side of where you are metering, but that's only if the layout works properly. I will say most suv boxes have the port in the middle that I've done, and they have proven results. I don't think it's quite as big of a deal in SUV's if your box is huge for like 2 15's or an 18. Now if you had like 2 8's, I think the port position would affect the score more. Then again, a guy that was AQ's website years ago had (2) 6" aeros in each corner and ran a single hdc3 18 and was like 1st in his class in a trailblazer iirc.

I design all my designs from scratch so I can make you something from scratch depending on what exactly you want.

Technically, I think you'd still want to have port opposite side of where you are metering, but that's only if the layout works properly. I will say most suv boxes have the port in the middle that I've done, and they have proven results. I don't think it's quite as big of a deal in SUV's if your box is huge for like 2 15's or an 18. Now if you had like 2 8's, I think the port position would affect the score more. Then again, a guy that was AQ's website years ago had (2) 6" aeros in each corner and ran a single hdc3 18 and was like 1st in his class in a trailblazer iirc.
ok i was just curious. I mean with my 1 18 i always did port yo driverside. In my case im using aero's. If i do the 2 18s and put the ports in the middle(2 8" aeros), would you put them along the bottom of the box side by side or stacked in the middle on top of each other?

I also have the possibility of using a 11 or 12" aeroport that my friend has lol

ok i was just curious. I mean with my 1 18 i always did port yo driverside. In my case im using aero's. If i do the 2 18s and put the ports in the middle(2 8" aeros), would you put them along the bottom of the box side by side or stacked in the middle on top of each other?
I also have the possibility of using a 11 or 12" aeroport that my friend has lol
I would put them on the bottom.

ok.... is 2 8"s enough port?
Enough for daily but I'd go bigger for SPL. 1 8" is just a hair smaller than 2 6's by about 6 in^2.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

3 Kicker L7 12's ported

Enough for daily but I'd go bigger for SPL. 1 8" is just a hair smaller than 2 6's by about 6 in^2. 

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

3 Kicker L7 12's ported

So seeing the org is a music style comp, would i still need more? again its not a burping type comp

So seeing the org is a music style comp, would i still need more? again its not a burping type comp
I think it may help your score. I don't think your going to do bad with 2 8's, just could be a little better I guess. Depends on box size too.

I think it may help your score. I don't think your going to do bad with 2 8's, just could be a little better I guess. Depends on box size too.
Is the ratio like bigger box and less port or smaller box more etc. sorry for all the questions just really trying to learn some new stuff lol

Is the ratio like bigger box and less port or smaller box more etc. sorry for all the questions just really trying to learn some new stuff lol
If you aren't trying to reproduce lows you can typically go bigger port for gain, maybe smaller box if you have to sacrifice it there.

If you aren't trying to reproduce lows you can typically go bigger port for gain, maybe smaller box if you have to sacrifice it there.
yea im not so worried about the low end, im gonna tune around 38hz i dont listen to slowed stuff and what not. i figured i could get away with alittle less box because id be over powering the subs some. probly about 1k-1.2k per sub. Idk how i would get more port tho. i dont know were i would get 3 8" aeros or 6 6's lol. I think i may just try the 2 8"s and see how it does. the 2 8's will give me about 10.27 sq inch per cube

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date