High EnD,Should i upgrade my head unit, latest technology or old school advice.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
Hello guys, long time no see,
here is my misterious dilemma, my current set up is this
front morel virtus nano 602 , rear jl audio 5 series ,
mosconi amplifier 120w x 4 channel for my speakers , 2 farads capacitor to hold energy,
high end cables from focal,
tweeters and cross overs from jl audio,
head unit receiver
sony xb100bt it was 400w stereo but i dont use amplifier right now since i am hoocked to my mosconi amplifier, i do play only mp3 files nothing else they are all 320kbps i dont care about flac and losless since it takes so much space i play from my s8+
via aux cable it have also dolby atmos which i am not sure if it makes any difference..
this is the output of samsung , 32-bit/384kHz audio i play offline store from my microsd card only i hate cloud and online streaming since i-net is cutting i live in bad area .
So my question is this since i listen music from my phone only, i dont care about cd/dvd and other things i even have bluetooth which i dont use or usb which i dont use at all...
should i upgrade my car stereo receiver and will i receive any benefit other than spended money ?
Do you think
Sony RSX-GS9 ,Pioneer DEX-P99RS,
any of these are better than my head unit will i notice the difference or not ?
If you have more questions let me know i am seriously considering pioneer or sony but i am not sure if they are much better for the work that i will use them for mp3s from my phone.... if someone have more information let me know
smile.gif

You should in theory notice a difference in SQ moving from an aux input to a usb or even bluetooth input with an AptX capable headunit. You should be able to notice the difference with the current headunit you have by just using usb instead of aux.

FLAC and lossless really don't take up that much space when you consider the fact that you can buy a 200gb+ microSD card for less than $50. If you want improved convenience look at an AptX headunit and just use bluetooth off your phone. No need for cables, and no loss of SQ (actually an improvement over aux) which is nice. IIRC the S8 (not sure about the S8+) has AptX just not AptX low latency which you don't need.

Dolby atmos is useless in this case, leave everything flat and make adjustments on the headunit EQ if you need to make adjustments.

You have an external SD card slot, take advantage of it. iPhone's and some of the newer galaxy phones don't even have a microSD card slot which is a huge disappointment. I have over 500gb of storage on my Note 9 and I barely use any of it lol I stream FLAC/Lossless over bluetooth with tidal, but I have decent cell service and unlimited data.

For around $200 you can have an AptX capable headunit and a 256gb microSD card. It's up to you.

You should in theory notice a difference in SQ moving from an aux input to a usb or even bluetooth input with an AptX capable headunit. You should be able to notice the difference with the current headunit you have by just using usb instead of aux.

FLAC and lossless really don't take up that much space when you consider the fact that you can buy a 200gb+ microSD card for less than $50. If you want improved convenience look at an AptX headunit and just use bluetooth off your phone. No need for cables, and no loss of SQ (actually an improvement over aux) which is nice. IIRC the S8 (not sure about the S8+) has AptX just not AptX low latency which you don't need.

Dolby atmos is useless in this case, leave everything flat and make adjustments on the headunit EQ if you need to make adjustments.
its not like that when i do play same song same quality 320kbps via bluetooth or usb in my current headunit i dont notice any difference, i receive the highest possible volume in aux , with blue tooth its always lower even if i increase the settings for the specific volume sound... it will be hard for me to source everysingle song in flac or losless :) so i try to improve soundquality without too much trouble and i also listen old songs which arent available at flac........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.