Higg Level Input 4 channel bridged

Participant count
  • Participant list

ddanko11

CarAudio.com Newbie
I want to bridge my 4 channle amp but I want to use it for left and right instead of front and rear I'm only concerned about the front stage with my amp and I'll use the the rear output of the radio to power my back door speakers, how would I do that since 1/2 bridged has a left and right and so does chan 3/4. would i just split front output and run all left to 1/2 then all right to chan 3/4

I wanted to bridge a 4 channel alpine amp the alpine mrv I have a touchscreen kenwood excelon just so you know. also how would I do this with high level inputs 

Last edited by a moderator:
How different amps process input is a factor.  Some 4 ch amps can use 2 ch of input to distribute to all 4 ch.  That would simplify your situation a little -- at least on the input side.

Otherwise, you'd use your left front and rear for ch 1/2 input and right front/rear for right input.

Then when you bridge ch 1/2 that SHOULD be your left speaker wire and same on the right.

I've done this more than once over the years and it seems like about half the time it comes out wrong and I just end up swapping rca's until my lefts/rights are where I want them to be.

I'd like to think my misses are due to weird amp input/output setups, but it's probably just me being stupid.  :thumbsup:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.