Hifonics zues vs kicker iq series

Participant count
  • Participant list

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
So i currently have a kicker iq 1000.5 bridged and tuned for my focal es 165k front stage components. Running a set of dual subs. Wanna trade out the subs and amp for a hifonics 4 channel amp for front and rear stage speakersand then a mono amp for a set of JL audio shallow mount subs i plan on getting. Probably 12s. Not sure on size yet. Also will need to get agood DSP and distribution block, second batt and alt upgrade. Already did the big three with 1/0 awg. Im relatively happy with most of my setup but oddly enough i crave more.

So with this being said what do you guys think of the hi fonics zues ab amp that runs 250 watts rms at 4 ohms compared to my kicker? Eventually i will upgrade my front stage and want nothing standing in the way. Hence why im doing the amp upgrade, ideally now vs later. Also my kicker amp was 900 bucks yet the hifonics is like 150 dollars. Granted theres included dsp and 500w sub channel in the kicker it seems the hifonics is of higher quality

Aww thats sadening, the reviews are descent
Watch out for reviews. Some a paid to do it and most just don't know any better. They think since the amp blew there speakers it's making a lot of power. Not the case. It blew because they don't know what they are doing.

Watch out for reviews. Some a paid to do it and most just don't know any better. They think since the amp blew there speakers it's making a lot of power. Not the case. It blew because they don't know what they are doing.
Haha, thats great! I saw some of those reviews with blown speakers. Giving the installer the benefit of the doubt i figured with the gain all the way downthe lower rms wattage rating was still higher then the maximum rating for the speakers. I imagine its easy to do if you go active cross over with tweeters since it wouldnt take much power to blow them

Ab amps seemto be a confusing topic. I keep looking for a descent ab amp but none really come to mind. It appears you get what you pay for but majority of these ab amps are a couple hundred. So with that logic, as you stated my kicker amp must be better. But reading on higher end focals it appears those components in the thousands of dollars like ab amps, so some people have stated anyway

dude i ain't never been a fan of anything kicker but that 1000.5 looks like it maybe 1 of the nicest things they make.. nothing hifonics or planet audio or much of anything under $200 is gonna compare.. u need to look at zapco and some of the high end amp these guys run for mids..

Zapco is not marketed through Attrend, the prefab box company.

Stop looking at A/B amps. Nothing to see there beside 30 year old tech.

You rarely see A/B in the lanes anymore. It's all small footprint, efficient, big power, quality built class D.

A clean watt has proven to sound like a clean watt. That's what's important.

You rarely see A/B in the lanes anymore. It's all small footprint, efficient, big power, quality built class D.

Ok ok. You guys all bring compelling arguements to the table and i will be going with what your saying. Thanks for convincing me to keep my current investment. I will wait until i upgrade my subs to even remotely consider a new amp. And it will be a high end class d if i absolutely need to up the wattage. Again thanks guys, now to close this thread and the other one with the posted amp for sale

Ok ok. You guys all bring compelling arguements to the table and i will be going with what your saying. Thanks for convincing me to keep my current investment. I will wait until i upgrade my subs to even remotely consider a new amp. And it will be a high end class d if i absolutely need to up the wattage. Again thanks guys, now to close this thread and the other one with the posted amp for sale

never ever run hifonics complete junk. their 1700 watt amp only tested to make 1199 and that was their BRUTUS ELITE as in their best possible amp line, their highest quality amp. the regular brutus is a lot worse and their zues series ithe bottom of the food chain in their line of amps.

lets just say a 2200 brutus amp lost to an audiopipe 1500.1 BY A LOT from our direct swaps. The amps are that garbage. their 4 channels are even worse than their monoblocks. that zues amp would be lucky to make 50rms x 4

So i currently have a kicker iq 1000.5 bridged and tuned for my focal es 165k front stage components. Running a set of dual subs. Wanna trade out the subs and amp for a hifonics 4 channel amp for front and rear stage speakersand then a mono amp for a set of JL audio shallow mount subs i plan on getting. Probably 12s. Not sure on size yet. Also will need to get agood DSP and distribution block, second batt and alt upgrade. Already did the big three with 1/0 awg. Im relatively happy with most of my setup but oddly enough i crave more.
So with this being said what do you guys think of the hi fonics zues ab amp that runs 250 watts rms at 4 ohms compared to my kicker? Eventually i will upgrade my front stage and want nothing standing in the way. Hence why im doing the amp upgrade, ideally now vs later. Also my kicker amp was 900 bucks yet the hifonics is like 150 dollars. Granted theres included dsp and 500w sub channel in the kicker it seems the hifonics is of higher quality
I agree with these guys. I tested Hifonics Zeus 1000.4 before i order my ppi p900. 4. Believe me or not my olllldddd sony Xplod 400w was giving cleaner power than the zeus!!!

Same story for monos, i had brutus 1500. It was an bsolute junk, replaced it with a Rockford t1500.1 after 2 weeks using it.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.