Hifonics Zeus ZRX vs Brutus BRX series

PassatSport2015

US
I know the zrx series rated peak power. Does anyone know if the Brutus BRX series is peak or rms?

Also with one is more reliable Zeus or Brutus?

I heard the Zeus gets really hot and goes on thermal protection.

I was looking at the Brutus 3000 mono Brx3016 & their 1600 4 channel rated 250 x 4.

Thanks!

Sent from my Portable

I know the zrx series rated peak power. Does anyone know if the Brutus BRX series is peak or rms?

I was looking at the Brutus 3000 mono Brx3016 & their 1600 4 channel rated 250 x 4.

Thanks!

Sent from my Portable
I don't have a lot of experience, but I went with the BRX 2400.1 because I heard Brutus is the superior series to the Zeus however I would recommend to go with a older models such as the BRX 2400 .1 or the BRZ the BRZ is the much more reliable amp than anything listed. Also, keep in mind the model numbers ending in 16 are not in fact cea-2006 compliant.

Let me tell you something! Everybody told me Brutus is a good amp and has got cea-2006. Anyway i bought Brutus X14 1500.1 for my dual 12s 1000rms @1 ohm subs 5 months ago.

It only gave me 500rms @14v 1ohm (3 quarters of gain).

I think Zeus is even worse than Brutus.

I bought a Rockford power 1500bd.1 2 weeks ago. Running the same system. Maaaattteeee, after experiencing this amp tuned on less than half the gain, i will never ever go with ****** amps like Hifonics. It is seriously wasting of money.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Let me tell you something! Everybody told me Brutus is a good amp and has got cea-2006. Anyway i bought Brutus X14 1500.1 for my dual 12s 1000rms @1 ohm subs 5 months ago. It only gave me 500rms @14v 1ohm (3 quarters of gain).

I think Zeus is even worse than Brutus.

I bought a Rockford power 1500bd.1 2 weeks ago. Running the same system. Maaaattteeee, after experiencing this amp tuned on less than half the gain, i will never ever go with ****** amps like Hifonics. It is seriously wasting of money.

Check your model number. It may not really be cea 2006. And if it isn't cea then don't judge that harshly. They are definitely not the premier choice of amps but they work with a budget.

Cea compliance is only based on a 4ohm load, and is really still marketing hokum, the amps that we use aren't cea anything. If you are on a budget you might want to look at either cab 1600, or skar audio rp2000. The cab was about 200, the skar is 229. Both bench tested at rated, or over. And no, I haven't used either, but they look decent from all the vids on them dude. If I did not already have a IA20.1, I would really be interested in the skar, over hifonix.

Thanks!

Sent from my Portable
Check your model number. It may not really be cea 2006. And if it isn't cea then don't judge that harshly. They are definitely not the premier choice of amps but they work with a budget.

Neither anything after the BRZ line is complete junk.

I owned two brx 2400s and the brx 2400s are miles better than the zues's. Very weak. Supposed 4800 watts but up against my DC 3.5k, they completely and uttery got F*cked. DC was way louder in every way possible even at 1/4 gain. When properly set, the DC amp was leagues above the two brx 2400s. BTW DC audio 3.5k is not CEA compliant however its amplifier dyno tested and does rated power in certified mode. CEA doesnt mean jack sh*t when it comes to sub amps meant to be ran at 1 ohm. 4 ohm tests are useless.

If korean built amps is out of your budget i'd seriously go with audiopipe over hifonics.

Buddy of mine in his ford explorer with a ZVX 18, we put a hifonics brutus x14 2200 vs an audiopipe 1500. the brutus was lacking deep low end bass while sounding weak and needed gains to be 3/4 to even achieve any sort of output. However the audiopipe only needed gains to be less than 1/4 and it was sounding amazing. If I had to guess, its over 6 DBs audibly louder. Hits deep bass notes and everything. No dirty sounding bass i was surprised considering the sh*t people give audiopipe but its clearly a vastly superior budget amp from my personal testing. a "2200" rated amp being destroyed badly by a "1500" amp thats only rated to do 1300 rms on the amp dyno. That X14 2200 pobably doesnt even make anywhere close to 700 actual watts

The new hifonics lines are basically boss amps that are completely overpriced.

I'd look into an audiopipe 3k or two apcl 1500s or 1800s instead bro if you want budget power.

Yup it is cea 2006, it says on the box.

Btw i don't mean its an absolute junk, i mean it won't do what it says on the box.

Probably the cea 2006 rated on peak power. If that's the case, then that makes sense.

Mine had 2x50amp fuses. And was giving about 600rms. It has efficiency of approx. 45% (i was running at 1.2ohms) which is alright for that price.

Yup it is cea 2006, it says on the box. Btw i don't mean its an absolute junk, i mean it won't do what it says on the box.

Probably the cea 2006 rated on peak power. If that's the case, then that makes sense.

Mine had 2x50amp fuses. And was giving about 600rms. It has efficiency of approx. 45% (i was running at 1.2ohms) which is alright for that price.

no its pretty much junk. most amps shoot for at least 60% efficiency and rated power at 1 ohm. BRX series does niether and has horrible sound quality.

Yup it is cea 2006, it says on the box. Btw i don't mean its an absolute junk, i mean it won't do what it says on the box.

Mine requires a 250 amp fuse external, but nothing inside.

There's no peak.

Here's the spec:

Express output power as watts RMS

Measure with 14.4V DC supply

Utilize testing under a 4-ohm load

Have 1% or less total harmonic distortion in the amplifier’s output.

So what you get with an amp like that is something like this...

very close to 600w rms at 1 ohm at just under 1% thd and 14.4v

With real world voltage that will drop to around 13v regularly, if not lower, you're at around 500w rms. At 2 and 1 ohm when you're expecting ~1000 and ~1500w what you'll really be getting is ~600 and ~700-800.

It's meeting cea-2006 requirements, but still coming up WAY short of the power that is claimed.

I just purchased the Hifonics Brx 616.4 for my highs. And Brx 1116.1d for subs. All for 230 bucks..happy!

And I got a single 12" kicker compR,500w rms, the brx 1116 puts out 700w rms.

Again, i am not spending money on my sound system. As i am into cars, well performance.

For less than 230 bucks i got 2 decent amps that will power my interior speakers, mb quartz xc1for 75 bucks new, nothing crazy.

And I have a pioneer avh5800bhs 7 in double din. Head unit.

As long as i have a sound quality higher than stock, i am happy. I just put air suspension in my car that cost me an arm & leg. But that's something i enjoy! Pics below

8b45c452893cc46f9dca1336fe0b64d5.jpg

c53061a1e2c83aa72bb4e4a4e52e496d.jpg

Sent from my Portable

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.