Hifonics Zeus or Rockville Mono Amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dbshelton
10+ year member

I have both 4 channel amps and really can't tell the difference between them (driving JBL GTO628 and Pioneer 6 x 8 door speakers.) Want to add a 10" Dayton HO 4ohm 600w RMS Sub and want a matching mono amp. Which is a better quality amp Hifonics ZRX 1816.1D or a Rockville RXD-M4 ? Also have a 15" Bravox 300w sub that I may use at times instead of the Dayton 10".

After swapping out the amps again, still can't really tell any difference. This is for a low $$$ setup in my car hauling bus so I don't want to spend more than about $125-$150 I may try a Rockville sub amp (now I'm not sure which model) and see how things go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Yep, at the amplifiers. I get the same 14.7 volt reading when they cutoff too.
Pull it and test it at the battery post. Simple Power up test to verify if it powers up fine out of protect mode. if it does then Id be checking...
I have a Gemeni VII, Heucules VII, Pluto VII, and a Vulcan VII left out of a massive slew of VII and VIII series. They still work Excellent...
COMPLETED Hifonics Plato III
Yes, they are painted. The cover is very easy to take off and repaint to whatever color of choice to match the install.
I usually build my own enclosures and didn't have the time to make another box, just happened to have the dual 12" box laying around. I see a 3.5...

About this thread

dbshelton

10+ year member
dbshelton
Kountze,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from