Hifonics x14 2200 or Brx 2000

1. thank you.

2. on this forum people are going to tell you get something else, Soundqubed, Cresccendo, Dc, Digital Designs, blah blah no mainstream stuff.

3. If you MUST go with hifonics, go with the brutus line if possible brutus elite.

I dont have to go hifonics but they have good prices for the power so i just choose to get on of them but what would you recommend that are reasonably priced im all ears cause i am new to this car audio stuff

yea for the power the price is good but like i said your better off buying quality stuff. what are you looking to spend? and what subs are you running?

cheap products you'll probably replace 2 of these before you replace one good amp so in the long run you'll spend more money. also power hungry amplifiers.
They actually last very long and not have any problems, can drop to half ohm stable for daily and handle it too on the older bxi models. Performance and efficiency scores very low though along with overall sound quality. Doing almost close to rated power doesn't mean its a good sounding amp.

OP, I wouldnt touch the new versions of hifonics, specs are very sketchy. 2200 rms with 4 gauge wiring? FISHY. They also list their 2200 watts as both rms and peak power too....

If you really have to get an x 14 hifonics, you have to move up to the x14 2600 if you want around 2k rms. Stick with the older brutus elite versions.

In the 300 dollar range, try buying used, you'll get a lot better for your money.

Hifonics is not the worse company. You get what you pay for.. Unreliable, current hungry power. By time you have enough current to feed it to get the power you could have gotten a better amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.