Hifonics BRZ15D4 BRUTUS SUBWOOFER

So 12 gauge is good for power cool. You're saying the audio wiring should be different? I have mutple surround sound systems at home, will the same wiring work that I use with the home speakers?

yes and i'm allowed to rec my own amp.. u didn't say anything other than get another sub (he already has that) i trying to stop him from buying a boss amp u don't think my amp is better than a 300 watt boss? u can't get on to anyone about amps after your post admiting u don't know diff between lp and hp xover man.. if u ain't got a recommendation shut up..
it was FULL....get your story straight. I have already admitted/stated that SQ and settings is my weakness in car audio. x-over settings isn't something to learn overnight.

just to ask again, this amp will power my sub effciently. An article I just read says I wont need anything bigger than 4 gauge
thats a garbage article...

you get the biggest gauge your amp fits. Just look at the amp descriptions and you will see what any amp can accept.

DEFINTELY never 12 gauge for power thats only for speaker wire to send signal but NOT power.

If the amp has 0 gauge power and ground terminals you use 0 gauge, nothing smaller. if it has 4 gauge power and ground terminals, you can use 4 gauge, its as simple as that. NEVER go under the wire unless you want serious issues occuring.

Only buy amp kits that have a reputable name brand because a lot of power and ground kits lie about the size meaning you get a 4 gauge kit, its only actually big as 8 gauge which is incorrect and you both get fked quality and price wise. Stick with knukonceptz or sky high car audio. If you can get OFC over CCA if you want the wire to last long and give you the best performance

thats a garbage article...
you get the biggest gauge your amp fits. Just look at the amp descriptions and you will see what any amp can accept.

DEFINTELY never 12 gauge for power thats only for speaker wire to send signal but NOT power.

If the amp has 0 gauge power and ground terminals you use 0 gauge, nothing smaller. if it has 4 gauge power and ground terminals, you can use 4 gauge, its as simple as that. NEVER go under the wire unless you want serious issues occuring.
Could I get you in a chat for some much needed guidance

okay SO... Im getting that amp which will work with this sub correct? And what wire should I use for sound/power coming from that amp? Do I need an in-line fuse or a capacitor? Explain
which amp are you talking about?

if its that ppi 1000.1 or audiopipe apcl 1500.1

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Bassik-Complete-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B01MXJ80M9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1505865612&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=knukonceptz+4+gauge+amp+kit&psc=1

this is all you need to get the amp to work, has power and ground along with speaker wire, remote wire and RCA cables and fuse+fuse holder to put on the positive run of your power wire.. You might want to look at amplifier installation tutorials on youtube first man, sounds like you have no idea what you are doing and thats dangerous lol especially your wire choice in the beginning....

if you are looking at the CAB 1600.1 you need this kit instead

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Bassik-Complete-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B01MQH1CBJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505865760&sr=8-2&keywords=knukonceptz+0+gauge+amp+kit

No capacitors they are garbage.

These guys keep repeating the same answers over and over. If you amp had 1/0 inputs use 1/0 wire, if 4 gauge inputs 4 gauge wire, speaker wire minimum 12 gauge, god no do not use a capacitor. And by the sounds of it your pretty new to car Audio so yes use a inline fuse. Use a fuse rated for your wire size. There's a awesome thing called google and you type in questions and has quite a few answers surprisingly......sorry but you keep asking same questions and getting same answers. Cheap out on your wire and pay more in the long run. Do it right the first time.

So 12 gauge is good for power cool. You're saying the audio wiring should be different? I have mutple surround sound systems at home, will the same wiring work that I use with the home speakers?
btw very little of what you learned in home audio will be translated to car audio. car audio is much much harder than home audio, just a warning.

which amp are you talking about?
if its that ppi 1000.1 or audiopipe apcl 1500.1

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Bassik-Complete-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B01MXJ80M9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1505865612&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=knukonceptz+4+gauge+amp+kit&psc=1

this is all you need to get the amp to work, has power and ground along with speaker wire, remote wire and RCA cables and fuse+fuse holder to put on the positive run of your power wire.. You might want to look at amplifier installation tutorials on youtube first man, sounds like you have no idea what you are doing and thats dangerous lol especially your wire choice in the beginning....

if you are looking at the CAB 1600.1 you need this kit instead

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Bassik-Complete-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B01MQH1CBJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505865760&sr=8-2&keywords=knukonceptz+0+gauge+amp+kit

No capacitors they are garbage.
I looked up specs for the p1000.1 and it says 8 gauge so switch to 8 gauge on the first link cool. My stepdad is an electrical worker and he should help me to wire it

Op I have two 15ft or so chunks of 1/0 cca I'd sell for a little over shipping cost.will measure it if interested. Pm me. Also have some wire for remote and all you'd need is rcas and terminals. Have a fuse holder as well for you. Pm me for details and we can work out a price if you want. Trying to help a new guy.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

No on 8 gauge. 4 minimum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.