Hifonics BRZ15D4 BRUTUS SUBWOOFER

If by overkill you mean engulfing your vehicle in flames and you burning so bad people say he was "overkilled" yes. Because thats probably all that equipment will do.

all garbage. list a budget and we'll help you out. that boss amp is 200 actual watts at best and lasts for a week at best.

the sub ***** as well as the amp kit.

so the results would be no where near overkill, it'll be severely underkill and anemic

if sub is free get a better amp so at least u have that when u get a better sub.. get amp like mine (in sig), set gain low and later u can run 1 good sub or 2 subs better than the hifi..
There you go again...

There you go again...
yes and i'm allowed to rec my own amp.. u didn't say anything other than get another sub (he already has that) i trying to stop him from buying a boss amp u don't think my amp is better than a 300 watt boss? u can't get on to anyone about amps after your post admiting u don't know diff between lp and hp xover man.. if u ain't got a recommendation shut up..

Sounds like you had no previous intentions

Of building a system..but you came up on the free sub and figured get a amp hook it up.. get some bump and not lookin to blow doors off... (yet...lol) whats your amp budget? If its low. Like under 150.. personally id look for a deciant brand USED amp. a lightly used "better" brand amp will last longer and run cleaner power then a new $100 amp...those are pretty much disposable amps.. in my opinion

What amp should I get? And should I use 12 gauge wiring?
if u mean power wire only use 4ga or bigger (2-0ga) for wires to sub 12 ga is good.. sometimes u can find a memphis 1000d cheap ($120) probably do 600rms at 2 ohm which is what your sub would wire to (was 1 on here) if u find something just show us link no boss, pyle, hifonics, planet audio, autotek.. or ppi is $162 new. been recommended here many times, was to me.. https://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Precision-Power-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B005KW10ES

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.