Hifonics amp turns on... no power light

skatingrocker17
10+ year member

Ohio
I have the Hifonics ZRX1500.1D. Every once in awhile my amp would turn off because my ground wasn't exactly secured to the metal bolt. It was actually duct taped, it was just a temporary solution but it worked (somewhat) so I never got around to drilling a hole. Today my amp turned off then later turned back on, this is normal, it's happened about a dozen times.

I was driving to my friends house listening to it and it turned off again... I finally got fed up, and securely screwed the ground to the frame. The amp turns on (blue Hifonics logo glows) but the power light is off. My ground cable is 4 gague and it's too big to put in the Hifonics ground connector so I had to pull back some of the copper wiring to make it fit. Maybe this is an issue? But it sounds absolutely crappy with no bass.

This is what the connectors look like if you're not familiar, they are designed HORRIBLY. I don't know who decided to put them at an angle like this and make them so small but they must be retarded.

zrx15001d.jpg

What should I try to get this working?

Thanks

Edit: Just went in the garage to check it out and it's working now.... hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
the angle on the leads are find, and they make for clean installs, this is a great low end amp, what do you expect from a amp thats $150 new? you problem is you probably semi fried you power supply from you expert ground point. if its working again, use it till it dies! lol.. GL

It'll work perfectly for like a week then stop, the blue Hifonics logo will glow but the power light indicator won't be on. When just the logo glows, disconnecting the ground does turn the whole thing off so I think the ground it fine. What gets it working again is usually driving over railroad tracks or something rough like that.

The problem is very likely your remote turn circuit not providing enough voltage or is current limited.

1. Disconnect the remote wire from the amp.

2. Place a jumper wire from the amp remote terminal to the amp + battery terminal.

3. If the green light turns on...your remote turn on is the problem...could be a loose connection at the radio remote wire connection or possibly a bad head unit.

Just put more ducttape on the ground it sounds like it might be loose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.