Hiding Wires

ryanj91
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Lecanto
When i install my system, i dont think ill have too much of a problem except for hiding the wires. how the hell do you hide 1/0 and 2 gauge wires goin from the battery to the amp? i have an 04 tiburon and i cant imagine putting that big of wire under the carpet

Under the car is always a good option, granted its done right. I've seen it ran down the middle of the car too, under the carptet.

Most people just run it under the carpet anyway.

For wires from the amp a false floor helps a lot.

It fits in there. I've run 1/0 through a tiburon without a problem, except getting through the firewall. that was a major pain. I ended up having to go through with the factory wiring which went from the passenger compartment, into the driver side fender, and then over the wheel well to the battery. Took about an hour for me to get it through.

drilling a new hole, install grommet, seal any opening left. thats the way we did it when i installed. it was a pain from time to time, but the best method. by not cutting up or piercing any factory bushings no one could place blame on us for screwing factory **** up.

my 1/0 runs along the side bottom trim panels along the passenger side up to my trunk w/o any problems or warping of the trim panels due to it's size. you could try that.

drilling a new hole, install grommet, seal any opening left. thats the way we did it when i installed. it was a pain from time to time, but the best method. by not cutting up or piercing any factory bushings no one could place blame on us for screwing factory **** up.
That is how i normally do it. There just wasn't enough space on the firewall for me to safely drill a hole for the 1/0 on the tiburon that i did. It was a manual, so the clutch plate was out of the question.

does your car have the drain plug in the floor i ran mine out that hole then up to the battery you just have to seal it up really good then use a **** load of zip ties and hold it to the fire wall easier than drilling a hole through it

I just put 2 runs of 1/0 under the carpet in my jeep. From the front passenger footwell, over 2 humps, under rear seats to the cargo area. you can only tell something is under there next to the rear seats, and even then it isn't very noticeable

drill a hole through the fender, run it up the outside of the A pillar along the winshield (not to get in the way of the wipers could do damage to the wire;) ) then run along the roof then down the back window down to the gas door, since the manufacture has already put a factory hole in the car you should take advantage of it, drill another hole through the plastic cover in the back of the gas filler tube area, and through the fender wall into the trunk. and fasten very carefully to the vehicle, not to have a lose wire, can't have that, could cause a fire:crap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.