Hi Output Alt or Extra Batteries?

The SounDrive guy said they don't have any that fit my ride, and the guy from Excessive Alternators emailed me back with a 250amp slot alt @ $450 and 300amp hairpin @ $550.Both very much outta my range a the moment but at least I know what I want and need now so for me that's a huge positive.

Guess I'll go with the 200amp for $145 n get my batteries and as I sell off all my current stuff that should get me most of the way toward $550. 7 subs 4 boxes 2 amps and 3 wire kits... Hell at $25 a piece that's $400 lol n I should be able to get a lil more than that.

Thanks @ Jeff, you helped me find the needle in the haystack lol
Don't buy the 200a for $145... sell your other stuff like you said and get the excessive 240a for $450 or the 300a for $550... it's better to do stuff right the first time then buy a crap alternator 3-4 times because it's going to burn up on you and not do rated power.

Alphard Sound Machete M2000D

It's 2000w RMS @ 1ohm

The subs are only 750 RMS each also

You think I'll be ok with just 2 extra batteries for now? I bought a 3 200amp fuses so it'll be fused right and it's put together with 2/0 awg ofc. I just been reading as much as I can on this stuff and came across a few things that said I could possibly damage my amp and alt if the alt isn't strong enough, but also didn't say anything about what if you add batteries to the equations.

Does anyone have any experience with Iraggi Alternators? They have a 280amp alt that does 180-220amp at idle for $399 with 1 year or for $600 I get decals lifetime warranty choice if case colors etc. But at $399 that almost 1/3 cheaper than Excessives offering and almost the same out put numbers. I do see that alot of the YouTube bass guys all have iraggi's so I'd imagine there product must be decent

Does anyone have any experience with Iraggi Alternators? They have a 280amp alt that does 180-220amp at idle for $399 with 1 year or for $600 I get decals lifetime warranty choice if case colors etc. But at $399 that almost 1/3 cheaper than Excessives offering and almost the same out put numbers. I do see that alot of the YouTube bass guys all have iraggi's so I'd imagine there product must be decent
I would spend $450 and get the excessive amperage alt. They have lifetime warranty too.

Just an update, Mr Singer emailed be back and has a 240amp hairpin for my vehicle so I'm am going to get it from him. From what I see if alot if set ups alot of people love his alternators and the seem to have high reliability from most of what I read. Thanks again peeps, you guys have helped me to learn quite a bit over the last few weeks

Just an update, Mr Singer emailed be back and has a 240amp hairpin for my vehicle so I'm am going to get it from him. From what I see if alot if set ups alot of people love his alternators and the seem to have high reliability from most of what I read. Thanks again peeps, you guys have helped me to learn quite a bit over the last few weeks
My experience with singer wasn't all the great. I have a few 350a alts from him and they would charge at 13.7v... he told me it was my batts or a wiring problem. I could put my stock alts back on and charge 14.4v+ all day. I sent the alts back to him and he said they were fine.thats was like $35 shipping each alt out my pocket. So I put them back on my truck and they would only charge 13.7v and no higher... so I sold them and got excessive amperage.. these excessive amperage charge 15.1v cold and 14.4v+ hot all day long. Had them for over a year and not a single problem. My money go to excessive amperage over any other alt company's

My experience with singer wasn't all the great. I have a few 350a alts from him and they would charge at 13.7v... he told me it was my batts or a wiring problem. I could put my stock alts back on and charge 14.4v+ all day. I sent the alts back to him and he said they were fine.thats was like $35 shipping each alt out my pocket. So I put them back on my truck and they would only charge 13.7v and no higher... so I sold them and got excessive amperage.. these excessive amperage charge 15.1v cold and 14.4v+ hot all day long. Had them for over a year and not a single problem. My money go to excessive amperage over any other alt company's
Hmmm... My current alt only charges at 13.8v but my positive connection is a lil corroded and has quite a few broken strands were it goes into the lead terminal so Im pretty sure that's what my issue... Guess I'm gonna have to do do quite a bit more research. Altho tbh i don't think I can go wrong no matter which I choose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.