Hey there needing some helping choosing an amp at a fair price

Jmnofear92

Hey there,

I recently purchased two rockford fosgate p3d2-12's and I'm looking for a 0.5ohm stable amp. I have found a Lanzar DCT5001D amp. It's a 5000 watt monoblock amp which is a half ohm stable and says it pushes 5000 watts at half ohm. It has three 40amp fuses which is about 1200watts rms? Which for my subs rms is 600watts a piece with 1200watts max per sub. Is this a good find or too good to be true? Hope you can help only have basic knowledge of install and starting to try to learn more!

Thanks everyone!,

Jarred

i wouldent run any amp at .5 ohm personally find a nice 2ohm amp or run two smaller 1ohm amps,are there alot of 1ohm stable amps that can run at half ohm yes there is but i prefer not to run my my equipment lower then what the manufacturers recommend

are you trying to run .5ohms just so you can brag you are running on .5ohms? it does not make any sense to run at .5ohm if you only need 1500w most car audio expert runs the .5ohms to get the most out of their amps so they dont have to spend a lot more money on bigger amps. you dont have this problem there are tons of decent 1500w amps that you can run and it does not have to be .5 ohms.

Looking to spend up to $350
For That type of budget I wouldn't be looking at the amps you're looking at. First of all, you're probably looking for daily drive beats. Any amp that you would run at .5ohm for max power would be terrible sounding, ratings are usually conducted at 4ohms, along with THD. I sell a ton of P3's and I think you should get the Kicker CX1200.1, and wire you woofers to 2ohms, and get the perfect match. 4 out of 5 P3 sets I sell, I sell that amp with them if it Dual 2. I have 2 of those amps in stock $300 shipped, and that's less than MAP, and the amps are BNIB, and would come with a 1 year warranty. I'm not suppose to sell them online, and I don't, but I would like to see you go in the right direction.

here's my advice never run a lanzar that isn't opti and then only run the opti if you need too... with a budget of 350, thats what I paid for my American Bass VFL 150.1 and thats a monster .5ohm amp... you have so many options, you could get a crescendo 2000 around 350 that will kill it, aq 1200 for around 269.00 brand new... your budget could get you some monsters... dd, mmats, AQ/SQ, crescendo, and if you don't got the elec. for .5 ohm as you will want extra batts and stuff.... go with a 2 ohm power house, kicker kx/zx 2500 in your range, crunch gp 3000, so many you can choose from

okay bro, think of it in numbers. if your spending an arm and a leg just to run an amp in .5 ohms and upgrading the big 3 which would be around another 80 and an AGM battery which will be 150-200 plus a high output alternator which is 350-550... Makes no sense spending that much with your choice of subs at all might as well poured all that extra money into getting better subs. Either way your going to get a lot of distortion at that low of an ohm rating and its not good for subs or your ears. Make the smarter choice. Get good power at 2 ohms, do the big 3 and thats all you need to spend. Use the rest of the money into putting those subs in a crazy enclosure that'll make em sound real loud and good. Hope all these replys about running 2 ohms get through to your head man, dont be stubborn.

Well I'm going to upgrade "the big three" wires with 0 guage. Run 0 guage pretty much all the way trough the system. Just trying to find the right amp like the lanzar opti2000d amp. I should be running tablut 1600-1800 true watts. At least I believe I it will produce that. Recommendations on an alternator to run like how many amps I should have it be producing?

okay bro, think of it in numbers. if your spending an arm and a leg just to run an amp in .5 ohms and upgrading the big 3 which would be around another 80 and an AGM battery which will be 150-200 plus a high output alternator which is 350-550... Makes no sense spending that much with your choice of subs at all might as well poured all that extra money into getting better subs. Either way your going to get a lot of distortion at that low of an ohm rating and its not good for subs or your ears. Make the smarter choice. Get good power at 2 ohms, do the big 3 and thats all you need to spend. Use the rest of the money into putting those subs in a crazy enclosure that'll make em sound real loud and good. Hope all these replys about running 2 ohms get through to your head man, dont be stubborn.
Running a .5Ω stable amp at .5Ω does not introduce distortion. Running any amp at any impedance on an insufficient power supply will.

THD still suffers a bit even with an efficient power supply at a very low ohm impedance.
THD also suffers when a 1Ω stable amp drops from a 4Ω load to a 2Ω load. So the question is, does the distortion become audible? If the amp is .5Ω stable (assuming a sufficient power supply) then the answer is no and thus, THD is irrelevant.

Honestly when referring to frequencies below 80 hz does it really matter the quality? The human ear can hardly comprehend these things.

1/2 ohm not sure if you are going for power efficiency or what but the heat dispersion will limit the time that unit will function.

My idiot advice is to wire your units into a higher resistance in large ported box that requires very little power.

Now go ahead and ignore my post please.

Look man, I'm just going to say this and I'm done, and I'm not trying to sell you an amp, I just mentioned I had one if you wanted a good price. All these amps are not $350, especially an american bass VFL 150.1, you may find a used one on here for that price, but, that's not how much that amp is from a dealer, or Bob. If you want to build your system and be done with it, and you do not want to keep pouring money into more equipment (e.g. Battery, alternator, line drivers, Blown woofers, etc.) then do not buy one of these .5 ohm amps. Your P3's won't last 2 weeks on an opti2000 at .5ohm, and definitely not on one of the mentioned VFL amps. The Best amp you could buy is the kicker ix1000, but that's pricy, you can get the Kicker CX1200.1 for 300-350, and your system will slam, they're highly efficient, and they exceed rated power at 2 ohms, your system will sound great running those P3's on the Kicker @ 2ohms. I specialize in high powered systems, and I'm not the biggest Kicker fan, and I install 2500+ watts systems all the time, and then I get a customer who wants the Kicker or rockford products, and the P3's on that CX1200 amazes me. I guarantee you, that setup will last longer than your car, and pound.

Those P3's won't last long on an Opti 2k@.5 I'd listen to the guys who know op.Get a 1200-1500 watt amp and a nice custom box and run 2 ohm.If you don't wanna listen though and run .5 anyway you'll be buyin new subs soon.Good luck

Look man, I'm just going to say this and I'm done, and I'm not trying to sell you an amp, I just mentioned I had one if you wanted a good price. All these amps are not $350, especially an american bass VFL 150.1, you may find a used one on here for that price, but, that's not how much that amp is from a dealer, or Bob. If you want to build your system and be done with it, and you do not want to keep pouring money into more equipment (e.g. Battery, alternator, line drivers, Blown woofers, etc.) then do not buy one of these .5 ohm amps. Your P3's won't last 2 weeks on an opti2000 at .5ohm, and definitely not on one of the mentioned VFL amps. The Best amp you could buy is the kicker ix1000, but that's pricy, you can get the Kicker CX1200.1 for 300-350, and your system will slam, they're highly efficient, and they exceed rated power at 2 ohms, your system will sound great running those P3's on the Kicker @ 2ohms. I specialize in high powered systems, and I'm not the biggest Kicker fan, and I install 2500+ watts systems all the time, and then I get a customer who wants the Kicker or rockford products, and the P3's on that CX1200 amazes me. I guarantee you, that setup will last longer than your car, and pound.
I am getting the P3's as well.

What do you think about either of these amps for them?

Kenwood KAC-9105D Mono subwoofer amplifier — 900 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

or

Lanzar OPTI2000D Optidrive 2000W Half Ohm Stable Mono Block Digital Competition Amp

I plan to use them at 2 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.