hey got an amp wiring question

It is all being installed in a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited V8. I already have the fiberglass enclsures and amp racks set up and most of that equipment is installed as of today. The rest of the equipment I ordered online and should all be comming in by the end of this week which will give me a fun weekend of hell trying to wire all of this **** up. Most all of my prep work is done already which will make life a hell of a lot easier. I have already dynamated the whole truck and built the custom dash attachments for the equipment that will be up there. pics are being taken steadily throughout the process and once I am finished and happy with it I will get the developed and posted shortly after.

I do not know who you saw set up the amps thru the factory fuse box but I would highly not suggest that! Begin under the hood by setting a fuse block. Should be within 18" max from the battery. Normally there is a good solid location to mount this. If it is a simple in-line fuse and not a mountable type disregard that. Find a grommet or something going thru the firewall already and run the power wire thru there. Inside the car now run the wire back to the amp location. Back under hood tie and cut the wire and connect it to the fuse block or in-line fuse holder, leaving the fuse OUT of the holder, then to the positive side on the battery terminal. If you purchase a good amp wiring kit it should have terminal leads and everything you need to run the install. You can also purchase each item separately. You need a good guage wire for the main power, fuse block, battery terminal connectors, terminal connectors for the ground wire near the amp and that should mostly cover you. Any issues or questions you have feel free to drop another line.

Even after you fuse the wire at the battery, it would be a great idea to add another multi-fuse block at your amp so when you install additional amps or other components, you can tap into the block, instead of having to run additional wires. Just a thought.

Peace...(yeah,right!)

LOL!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.