hertz tweeter problem ( need replacement)

doughboyy
10+ year member

I have a set of hertz hsk 165, which i purchase couple years back. My tweeter is bad and would like to replace them. I spoke with one of the vendors here and he recommend me grabbing cdt tweets or some dls tweets. I don't know the quality of both of these product. any input?

CDT Audio and DLS both offer speakers of similar quality to your Hertz speakers. It would likely be a sidegrade in terms of build quality and sound quality. If you can't hear either of those brands before buying then you have to trust other people's opinions. If you can get the same tweeters as replacements would you do it?

Also, you'll want to figure out why the tweeter is bad and prevent that failure from happening again if it was from abuse.

CDT Audio and DLS both offer speakers of similar quality to your Hertz speakers. It would likely be a sidegrade in terms of build quality and sound quality. If you can't hear either of those brands before buying then you have to trust other people's opinions. If you can get the same tweeters as replacements would you do it?
Also, you'll want to figure out why the tweeter is bad and prevent that failure from happening again if it was from abuse.
^^^^ this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.