Hertz or Kicker?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scortexx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Bosnia
Hello People who love sound!

I am new to the forum but not new to world of sound! I have a dilema so can you help me decide. I want to buy component speakers for my car, I found two sets that fit my money, Kicker CSS67 and Hertz K165 Uno. I want good bass, I will put them in doors with adapters. I am using Magnat RX44 amplifier, 125W of RMS output. Thinking of simple USB Headunit Pioneer or Sony. Also, I still have to decide which speakers to put on the back door. Maybe I should by both and have to sets of components? Back tweeters...why not? Gracias!

In the real world, their will not be a big difference between those two speaker sets.
You said that you still have to pick out speakers for the rear doors. Instead of that, spend that money on better front speakers and some sound deadening for the front doors.

Sound deadening is planned but of I do find it because in my country it is not that easily available. With stock speakers od I turn on only fronta, there is low bass but with rear Ines all together, the bass is there. I thought that rears have better "box" and that is why I am planning to put something back there. What I buy for front would be also tested on the back. Both Kicker and Hertz cost the same, 65 euro = 70 USD. Kickers look better though :)

If you are wanting bass, their is no replacement for a subwoofer. A single 8 inch subwoofer in the right enclosure will have more bass than all four of the speakers that you are looking at.

If you are wanting bass, their is no replacement for a subwoofer. A single 8 inch subwoofer in the right enclosure will have more bass than all four of the speakers that you are looking at.
I know that,of course it will have but then there will be no space for my son's bicycle, bags and everything else :) I don't know if my wife will let me have even do this with speakers adaptors! If the Kickers are 50% better then my stock ones, it will be very good, perfect.

I wouldn’t do the door speakers the way you are describing. The stacked adapters and no dampening is sure recipe for rattling doors. I would be looking more for factory size door speakers and a single 8 inch enclosure that would fit in the corner of the cargo area. There are 8 inch enclosures that are absolutely tiny.

OK, the thing would be to find best 13 speakers I could find? I found Kicker 13 cm speakers also, CS5, 75w. Now the question is how should I connect everything...only fronta, no back and a sub?

You can set it up simply by bridging the rear channels of the amplifier for a 4 ohm sub and running the rear door speakers off of head unit power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.