Hertz or JL Subs

We really need to know what kind of box to recommend anything... If it's sealed or small ported box then I wouldn't go with DD they like bigger ported boxes I had a 2512... For Hertz if I would have seen this sooner I wound have sold you two HX 15's for about the price you where gunna spend on a new 12 but I'm pretty sure my buddy is picking them up now since no one jumped on them at the price I had them at... I am glad he is taking them cuz I couldn't make them work in my Honda how I wanted and by the time I get done with them in his truck I will have a new car or another truck to put them in... We are gunna power them with an AP1500 I think for now until we can get something worth using on these sq beasts lol then again Weiner is selling a ppi 1200 we may be able to power them with! But my buddy will be out of money by the time we get done with this system I think lol... We will be running them sealed in like a little less then 4 cubes inverted in a center console box that should look decent for my first box but not as good as I'd like it too :/... D@mn Dodges back seats are so small he is thinking of getting a mega cab instead now since he got hooked on audio... Mostly cuz he gets what I buy and can't use or buy and use then get rid of in a week cuz that's just how I am with my audio I don't have boxes made for sh/t anymore unless I know for d@mn sure I am gunna keep it for awhile...

Holy sh/t! I just realized how long that was... I'm sorry OP I will delete that if you want cuz I am messed up on some stuff and just ramble when I'm on it... Try not to but ask Weiner what I was talking to him about this morning hahaha

Hmm okay...well how are SA 12's in terms of SQ? Maybe I'll just get one of each lol. And that woulda been sweet Better n Reverse...why did you get rid of your Hertz subs? As far as the box space is not limited too much but it is in the trunk of a Mustang

I've got an SA-10 on 1300w, sounds pretty good, and takes the abuse well. It's a very very solid subwoofer, and you can still get decent SQ out of it, or you can get pure SPL out of it. It just depends upon the application, mainly, the box it is put in. So if you want to save some cash, go ahead and get the SA-12, it's a great sub. Just have someone on here design you an SQ oriented box for it, and it will sound really good.

Hmm okay...well how are SA 12's in terms of SQ? Maybe I'll just get one of each lol. And that woulda been sweet Better n Reverse...why did you get rid of your Hertz subs? As far as the box space is not limited too much but it is in the trunk of a Mustang
They are ok SQ wize but nothing like the hertz... I got rid of them cuz I would have had to fire them up in a box to get them to fit in my trunk... I do have a skar 12 and box FS you may like thou!

They are pretty clean sounding subs.

If u want mainly SQ, and still get loud go w6.

If u wanna get loud and still have decent SQ go SA and build a nice box.

Ofcourse the SA will probably be half the price, but it all depends on your goals 4 ur system

I dont have anything to add to the topic of the thread, but I just wanted to take a moment to say something. When I first became a mod, practically every thread that had "JL" in the title, turned into a flame fest that I had to step in and take control of. Ive really noticed an improvement in member courtesy here lately, even when people suggest brands or ideas that aren't necessarily popular on this forum.

Nice job guys, keep it up.

Like everyone has been saying, these internet brands will give you some good subs for your dollar, but honestly they won't give you the same SQ that a Hertz sub would give you.

It really comes down to what you want now.

Oh and to answer your previous question, I would personally go with 2 10's. I feel like that would give you a more punchy response (depending on box of course.)

Like everyone has been saying, these internet brands will give you some good subs for your dollar, but honestly they won't give you the same SQ that a Hertz sub would give you.
It really comes down to what you want now.

Oh and to answer your previous question, I would personally go with 2 10's. I feel like that would give you a more punchy response (depending on box of course.)

Really? IA Flatlyne, Soundslinter RL-p?

**** that's what I figured about the sundowns...alright well i guess I'll get the Hertz and maybe I''ll get a used w6 because I do want to hear both. I think it was this thread that I mentioned DC level 3s but they don't do internet and there are absolutely no close dealers near by. Thanks for the help

**** that's what I figured about the sundowns...alright well i guess I'll get the Hertz and maybe I''ll get a used w6 because I do want to hear both. I think it was this thread that I mentioned DC level 3s but they don't do internet and there are absolutely no close dealers near by. Thanks for the help
I wouldnt go DC IMO... Did you see mu post about the Skar?

Yeah...I don't knnow anything about that company or sub though...also better n reverse I think I've seen you recommend Fi audio before. Would a Fi Q series be any good?

Yeah...I don't knnow anything about that company or sub though...also better n reverse I think I've seen you recommend Fi audio before. Would a Fi Q series be any good?
The FI Q is a good performer. I think the w6 or the hertz woofer would perform better though. Honestly, you will be satisfied with either. For SQ, the right enclosure and tuning it to blend with midbass is much more important than the woofer you choose.

^ Word.

Hertz or JL will provide great SQ, given the right enclosure. However, unless you're competing in SQ comps, I wouldn't particularly think it worth the price. I'd rather go with a Fi Q, and give that a proper enclosure, well blended, and it will sound more than competent I'm sure.

Well I went with the jl w6v2 in case you guys were wondering. I am a little disappointed cause I really liked the Hertz HX 300 but I got the w6 like 180 bucks cheaper so I went for it and I am still very happy. One concern though is that I'm afraid I might blow it with my Sundown SAX 1200d amp...its rated like 720 watts rms at 2 ohms...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.