I just blew my boston acoustics g1

vtecboy
10+ year member

TJ
I used to have a boston acoustics g1 and i loved it...But to be honest i was overpowering it, this subwoofer is rated at 200w rms and i was pushing around 500w rms...the sub lasted for about a month. Now the problem is,i cant live without bass!!,im saving all my money to get a boston acoustics g3. But i really need a temporary subwoofer..I was looking at ebay and i found a LEGACY LWFX107 10" subwoofer for 23 bucks...i have a little alpine 3522s resting at my closet. Is this amplifier a good match for that subwoofer? my car is a little 2000 mitsusbishi eclipse

Thanks.

Save your $ for a new sub, dont get that legacy pos.

I ran my g1 on an amp rated for 534wrms and it had 0 problems, sealed or ported. It barely got warm even after being beaten on for hours at a time. My G5s are rated for 450wrms but with the beefy 2.75in coil and all the cooling, I'd bet they will easily do 1000wrms, seeing as they dont get warm on about 700.

Hell I have run double the rms to every Boston Product I have owned then they took it like champs. Seriously under rated products for such a big main stream company. I'm dying to hear the new G2 15 that just came out. Boston Acoustics ftmfw! Barely anyone has heard their stuff and its so overlooked cuz they rate the power handling so low and everyone thinks watts = loudness.

If you do get a G3, put it in a ported box, you will love it. All Boston subs love ported boxes, it sounds like sealed but has much better low end response and gets louder, it still give it that tight bass sound and isnt boomy. I don't typically nut hug, but when I do.....haha you get it, I love their product lol.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif boston subs do sound great in either ported or sealed boxes. I was shocked the first time i heard some BA subs in a ported box!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif boston subs do sound great in either ported or sealed boxes. I was shocked the first time i heard some BA subs in a ported box!
I have heard a lot of Bostons and JLs and the Bostons have had the same sq and but were always a bit louder.

I ran my g1 on an amp rated for 534wrms and it had 0 problems, sealed or ported. It barely got warm even after being beaten on for hours at a time. My G5s are rated for 450wrms but with the beefy 2.75in coil and all the cooling, I'd bet they will easily do 1000wrms, seeing as they dont get warm on about 700.

Hell I have run double the rms to every Boston Product I have owned then they took it like champs. Seriously under rated products for such a big main stream company. I'm dying to hear the new G2 15 that just came out. Boston Acoustics ftmfw! Barely anyone has heard their stuff and its so overlooked cuz they rate the power handling so low and everyone thinks watts = loudness.

If you do get a G3, put it in a ported box, you will love it. All Boston subs love ported boxes, it sounds like sealed but has much better low end response and gets louder, it still give it that tight bass sound and isnt boomy. I don't typically nut hug, but when I do.....haha you get it, I love their product lol.
Hehehe..ok bro u got me...I wasnt pushing 500rms to the G1...it was alot more than that... I have a rare clase d amplifier i never saw another amplifier like mine. its a jc power 2500.1 class d mono 1 ohm stable.

My boston g1 was a dual 4 ohm and it was wired in series (8-ohm final load)...and the amplifier gain was at 1/4. The sound was amazing for a little 10" in a 1.2 cu.ft. ported enclosure...But this morning i decided to turn up the gain to the half and BOOMMM...3 minutes later my trunk was full of smoke =\

And yeah i really want to get a pair of boston g3 for this amplifier. But im 19 a broke student haha...

Here's some pictures of my amplifier. Does somebody have one like this?

img37.imageshack.us/img37/892/dscf6279p.jpg

img225.imageshack.us/img225/1653/dscf6280.jpg

img836.imageshack.us/img836/1989/dscf6281s.jpg

img35.imageshack.us/img35/2456/dscf6282k.jpg

copy-paste this link to your browser

Out of the few subs I've used, I must say the Boston Acoustics sub that I used was probably the best all around. I agree 100 percent. Even when I was barley running that BA off of 200 watts the **** was still loud. Too bad I blew it because I was running a ****** amp to it.. it was an older BA too.

the forum won't let me post any url... =(

img37.imageshack.us/img37/892/dscf6279p.jpg

img225.imageshack.us/img225/1653/dscf6280.jpg

img836.imageshack.us/img836/1989/dscf6281s.jpg

img35.imageshack.us/img35/2456/dscf6282k.jpg

copy..paste

the forum won't let me post any url... =( copy..paste
you gotta use img tags

dscf6279p.jpg

dscf6280.jpg

dscf6281s.jpg

dscf6282k.jpg

pretty legit amp you got there, no wonder that poor little g1 went up in smoke

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.