Hertz HSK165 - Install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Topless Stang
10+ year member

Florida
Hey,

Has anyone ever flush mounted these tweets(25 version)? I've installed several sets of tweeters in the past and they all came with a separate mounting cups for all types of installs. However...these are weird....it just has a pair of metal rings with teeth that the manual says are to be placed on the other side of the mounting surface to lock the device in. I test fit everything together and its a super tight fit...it will be extremely hard to use the ring and mount them flush on my A pillar. I got these slightly used from a dealer and they were used as demos for 3 weeks...I'm sure everything is included, but were the flush mounting cups left out of the box? I searched and searched and could not find anything relating to this. Does anyone have experience installing these? Thanks for looking!

I flush mounted them in my 99 firebird. I used a couple drops of super glue. That metal ring is a pain in the ass.
I was afraid of that....the super glue held? I might pick up some epoxy then...I'm thinking the super glue might not hold due to the force I have to exert to push them into the metal rings. Did you use the trim ring? I just bought a 2" hole saw & mandrel bit after looking at someone else's DIY, and the metal rings are 'slightly' and I mean slight;y larger than 2". I'll see whats up later this week I suppose. Does anyone have any pics of them flush mounted, or the install process?

Racerx250,

What did you use to cut out the mounting hole? I bought a 2" hole saw, but its too big. I measured them tonight and I'm thinking of picking up up a 1-5/8" hole saw tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.