Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sicvitaest

CarAudio.com Newbie
I want to upgrade my audio system in my fully stock 2020 sentra by adding subs and an amp. The subs and amp are 1200 rms and I've looking into ways to prevent flickering or power draw. Some say new battery, some say new alternator, some say capacitors.

A good AGM battery and big 3 wiring using 0 gauge wire should be enough. I got a cheap AGM battery and it helped more than I thought it would. A high output alt is always the best option imo, but probably isn’t necessary for 1200 watts. If you plan on upgrading to bigger power amplifiers later, I’d go HO alternator. If you don’t have plans to run more than 1200 watts in the future, I’d just get a second battery and upgrade vehicle wiring under the hood to 0 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...