Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rubbertoe
10+ year member

So my girlfriends decided that she wanted subs in her 99 CRV (dont ask me why) but long story short, her amp refuses to turn on in her car. We've taken it out and hooked it up in 4 different cars, and it turned on fine, so i know its not the amp that has the problem. Then we took her power cable and put it on my friends car battery and the amp turned on fine. We thought maybe it was a bad install of the remote wire, but we found out that wouldn't completely stop the amp from turning on, so it has to be the power cable right? Is it a problem with her battery? The installation of her cable to the battery itself? We got "maxipads" to help, but he couldn't even figure it out, so i thought maybe someone out here might have the key. If anyones got any suggestions or advice or whatever, let me know.

Well if her car starts then the battery should be fine i'd assume. If the connection on her battery post is corroded enough it would make a difference compared to working on the friends battery and not hers. You could try jumping the remote wire to the power wire if it doesn't work then it has to be the power wires connection on her battery or her battery is just low enough voltage wise, you should throw a voltameter on her bat.

After i cleaned my battery posts the stock radio got 2x as loud lol and my lights were brighter and they weren't as corroded as i've seen before just make sure they're nice and shiny and throw some grease on the connectors.

Well if her car starts then the battery should be fine i'd assume. If the connection on her battery post is corroded enough it would make a difference compared to working on the friends battery and not hers. You could try jumping the remote wire to the power wire if it doesn't work then it has to be the power wires connection on her battery or her battery is just low enough voltage wise, you should throw a voltameter on her bat.

alright, im gonna try that. Its obviously somewhere in the connection between the cable and the battery but i didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.