...Help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

K-Diggy
10+ year member

Indiana
OK, please tell me how crazy this is or if it is at least a decent idea...

A friend of mine likes to Jerry-rig things just enough so they work. He has a 150 watt Crunch Amp, 10" sub (don't remember the brand) and 12" sub (don't remember the brand either) . Anyway, he had the 10" in a box behind the passenger seat in his small ass pickup. He didn't have a box or room for a box for the 12, so he had me help him mount it directly to the back of his seat. It didn't actually sound that bad when he did it.

I was wondering, was that just kinda a fluke it worked alright? Does it damage the sub? I was just wondering cause I wanna add more subs to my Grand AM later on, and trunk space is kinda limited. I figured I could mount some subs directly to the back of the back seat and put an amp right under them on the floor. That would take up about the room the box by itself would take up. I want to have like a "main sub + amp" . I just got a PA Sapphire 4 channel, 600 watts (I know, don't yell at me. I only paid $150 for it brand new) and I have had 2 10" JL Audio.

I am wanting to get a Kicker L7 and a new amp...prolly Rockford, but I don't know, I'll shop around when I get the money for another new amp. I figure I could wire that up, use the PA amp on the subs that I was thinkin of mounting to my seats. If not, use it to run my fronts and rears and replace those with probably Legacy or Pioneer, but again, when I get the $$..

Anyway, let me know what ya think!

The sub may have been a free-air sub, which means it didnt need a box. The sub prob sounds good but may sound a lot better in a box. But the L7 will need to be put in a box to get the full sound out of it.

Just my 2 cents.........

yeah. sorry, I need to clear this up. I do plan on putting the L7 in a box, I'm not that niave //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. I just talked with my buddy, he said the 12" was a Road Gear (bleh). anway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.