help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jguti92
10+ year member

FLORIDA
ok so i have a 03 kia spectra and the lights would dim once i would come to a stop sign or light so i though like any other person would its the alternator well.... i took it to this guy that i know that rebuilts alterntors and he rebuilt it add more amps to it so i was like cool.. so he does rebuilts it puts it in and i did notice a difference with the voltage to my system but still the same problem ligths would dim when i would come to a stop sign well so i went back. so we fugured out when the a/c is on with low beams and high beams on it would go from 14.2v to 12.0/11.9 at idling so they told me to leave the car and they figured out that it was a part called IN8315 which basically controls how much voltage is going to the car when it needs it so they changed it and we test it and with a/c on low beams and high beam it was reading 13.6 at idle....... so i took the car to work and i turn on my lights and they are flickering now!!!! with my interior lights and my low beams burn out in middle of the high way had to drive home with the high beams hoping they didnt burn out and my low beams i had replaced about 5 moths ago so.. what could it be please help!! also when the car is at 3 rpm the lights dont flicker but if i go lower then that they flicker alot almost constantly and the guy rebuilt the alternator twice.. all my grounds are clean touching bare metal please help i am freaking out

weird

you should call matt at mechman alts......great guy, IMO he knows more than most in the alt biz

out of curiosity how much power are you using when they dim? what set up do you have?

Maybe you shouldn't play you music so loud at a stop light and nit drive around with you high beams on, those ppl ****. You should look at an overdrive pulley, I think that maybe your accesory belt isn't tensioned correctly.

the lights would dim with out even the stereo being on.....just my lights and the only reason i said my high beams and a/c and low beams on was to show the alternator guy how fast it would go from 14.2 to 12.0 to 11.9v

From what Ive seen youll get dimming no matter how big the alternator is. Having a bigger alt usually warrants a bigger battery too. And my dads truck did that after we upgraded the alt and forgot to tighten up the belt all the way.

ok well i talked to the alternator guy and i am briging it in there engineer that works on eletrical system on car is going to check all teh connections and regulators so we will see god if that dosent fix it i am SOL but atleast the warranty is pretty good at the alternor place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif wish me luck! dropping off the car today!

why do people freak out over dimming?? its doesnt really matter unless yours v's are dropping super low.. and now youve dug yourself deeper by ****ing with it. just dont use A/c and your highbeams when you drive... unless its pitchblack and its 100 degrees outside...

well i dont use high beams or a/c in a regular basis.... and when the lights flicker constantly and low beams goes out in middle of the high way cause of ovious over voltage problem i not the dumbass to ignore it...

ok so i have a 03 kia spectra and the lights would dim once i would come to a stop sign or light so i though like any other person would its the alternator well.... i took it to this guy that i know that rebuilts alterntors and he rebuilt it add more amps to it so i was like cool.. so he does rebuilts it puts it in and i did notice a difference with the voltage to my system but still the same problem ligths would dim when i would come to a stop sign well so i went back. so we fugured out when the a/c is on with low beams and high beams on it would go from 14.2v to 12.0/11.9 at idling
I did read ..... you clearly state in the 2nd bold with the low, highs, and ac on.... the first bold you didnt state any thing of the sort... but its fine not trolling or thread jacking just personally i dont find dimming lights to bother but opinions are like butt holes.. everyone has one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.