Help with wiring up my explorer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
Long time since I've been on here, but I got an explorer and I need to wire it up. I have 3 batcaps 2000s, and I will be running 4 amps: eD Nine.2, Nine.2x, and 2x Nine.1s. I'm probably going to get a 250 amp alternator from Iraggi. I'm debating doing 1 or 2 runs of 0 gauge for power and whether I should run 0 gauge for the power too, or if I should just ground to the frame. I'm also not sure what would be the best way to run it to the back. Pics would be great if anyone has some.

I looked into the frame ground vs. battery ground debate,and NO ONE had a real answer.I say frame ground it,and save the time,trouble and money from going the other way. Why can't you just run the positive power cables (2) like speaker wire? (in the channel,and under the carpet?)

Depends on how much power your running and how good of a ground your frame provides. I've run 3kw off a frame ground without any problems. As far as how many runs of wire you need, if your large battery bank is going to be in the back you could probably get away with just one, but as always, two would be better.

You only need one run of 1/0awg wire. Frame grounds work fine. Don't forget to do the big 3 and upgrade the ground from the front battery to the frame. The easiest way for me to run 1/0awg wire through my Explorer was under the truck along the frame rail. I drilled a hole in the floor in the back to bring it up into the truck.

You only need one run of 1/0awg wire. Frame grounds work fine. Don't forget to do the big 3 and upgrade the ground from the front battery to the frame. The easiest way for me to run 1/0awg wire through my Explorer was under the truck along the frame rail. I drilled a hole in the floor in the back to bring it up into the truck.
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.