Help with upgrading...

Participant count
  • Participant list

tundra1221
10+ year member

I was thinking about doing the big 3 and getting a new battery....it's the big 3 really as simple as just replacing and relocating power and ground cables? Details please and how big of a battery can I get for just my stock alternator? thanks

Big 3 is adding wire. No need to replace/remove what's already there. Are you trying to add a second battery or replace your current one?
Idk what are the pros and cons of adding vs replacing?....I just know I need more power from the battery before I add more ****

Idk what are the pros and cons of adding vs replacing?....I just know I need more power from the battery before I add more ****
well adding is just that adding the existing stock wire will still carry current @its usual rate and the "new " run will also carry current .. so basically ur just opening a new road for current w/o closing the old one.

the main purpose for a "big three" is to help ur electrical system be slightly more efficient it is mor about the grounds "frm the alt case, or braket to the frame and the battery neg to the frame"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.