Help with upgrading

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lurker008

So I'm interested in putting a new setup in my car and I need some help on how I go about finding the right speakers.

I have a 2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan. I have a Rockford Fosgate R1 Series 10" with a R150-2 Prime 150 Watt 2-Channel Amplifier. It's just not enough for me to be honest, I'm interested in getting something that hits hard, can flex well, and the sound quality is decent.

I've been educating myself recently trying to figure out as much as I can about subwoofers and all that good stuff. My first setup was installed by a local audio shop because I had no idea what I was doing. For this setup I plan on doing it myself, for the satisfaction of being able to say that I installed it, and just to gain basic knowledge about installs.

Basically I'm just wondering how I decide on the right upgrade. My budget is around $600 if that helps. If you need any more information let me know and I'll get back to you asap.

you running 150-what 300 if you anp is briged.

i say try 2 12s on 500 rms.and if that dosent do it try 1000rms

buy some subs that can handle 500rms each running atleast 500 rms to the pair wont hurt them withe the gain set right.

and a wire upgrade also 8 gauge is only good for 300 watts

what kind of music do you listen to?

and your going to have to really get some knowlegde of how to install

just the browse this forum and study up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Are you looking at just upgrading your subs and amp(s). If so, there are several options that can fit within your budget. I would recommend (if not done previously) upgrading to (0 gauge power wiring) if you gonna get go for a bigger amp..but that depends on what amp you get. By upgrading the power wire now you do not have to worry about installing more wire if you upgrade to bigger amps in the future.

Okay...If you are looking to move some air, but steal have some decent sound... a decent 10" or 12" will do.

Too continue...since you are already kind of familiar with Rockford products lets stay some products from that company that should suit your needs. Depending on whether you want to go new or used. Also, you can go with a single sub or subs.

(single) Sub: Rockford T1D210 (600 RMS X 1200 RMS)

ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1D210 DUAL 2 OHM 1200 WATTS NEW 2010 | eBay

Optional: SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-10 D210

NEW SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-10 D210" DVC 2 OHM SUBWOOFER | eBay

Amp: ROCKFORD FOSGATE T500-1BD 500W AMPLIFIER - This amp will give the T1 10" about 600 - 700 watts all day long

ROCKFORD FOSGATE T500-1BD 500W AMPLIFIER FRT5001BD | eBay

You can find even lower prices online too.

These products will give you more power

Sub: PLANET AUDIO BB212D (Decent budget sub) PLANET AUDIO BB212D 12" 2400W Car Audio Powr Subwoofer | eBay

Amp: AUDIOPIPE AP-15001D

CAR MONO AUDIOPIPE AP-15001D CLASS D 1500 W AMPLIFIER | eBay

These two together should run you less than $350. This will give you some room to buy a enclosure and upgrade your power wire.

Like I said there are so many good choices out there and it boils down to preference. Theres Sundown, RF, Kicker, DD, AudioQue, PP, etc. Let me know if you need more suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.