help with tweeter pods on a- pillars ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

i need to make my drivers side pillar lick my passengers pillar.

im about done with the passenger side.

putting 2 sq super tweeters on each side, plus 2 more on each side were my 4x6 speakers wear.

how do you guys make sure each side is the same ??

hi guys,.how do you guys make sure each side is the same ??
What do you mean by each side being the same? Are you talking wiring, placement, etc.? Also, why do you want to run what I think ends up being at least 6 tweeters in two different spots?

placement, and its not 6 tweeter. its 4 on each side. is that over kill, ya put im doing it. putting 2 on each channel of my 4ch amp. so will be running each channel at 2 ohms.

so it will be 4 tweeters per side.

i have 2 on the a-pillars and 2 in both sides of the dash ( were my 4x6 speaker would mount ) so 2 facing windshield,, 2 facing center of truck at ear level.

i just cant seem to get the drivers pod right. im trying to get them exact.

trying to see what others do to make sure both sides look the same.

i seen 1 video were they used poster board to make temples to make sure both were the same, but it was for door speakers and not on a-pillars.

You build them at the same time, simple as that.

I mark out baffle location on each pillar, cut all spacer blocks at the same time, glue each one at the same time, etc...

Are you doing pods that attach or did you do a baffle then wrapped with cloth and resined/glassed? I don't like pods on pillars personally...

Also remember you really can't see both pillars at the same time, so you have an easy 1/4" fudge factor before it would be noticeable.

One of my AQ pillars, love the sound of those tweeters....

1004254a.jpg

some are gonna tell you not to run multiple tweeters, I wont go that far. I will say I would have the tweeters firing the same direction. You can get real funky phase and sound if you have some firing at the windsheild and they some on axis firing from the pillar. I you do it, do it similar to the setup up above. All the tweeters were firing the same way on the apillar. Years ago, I had two sets of componets in each door. Both midbass were each door and both sets of tweeters were in the apillar. It sounded fine and was loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.