Help with these 10'' subs??

Pretty good subs if you didnt pay over $120 a peice. Dont even mention max power ratings, they dont mean ****
What he said. As long as you didn't pay over $120 they aren't bad. If you paid full retail you got ripped off. Nothing special at all, but they get loud and take some abuse. You might as well run them ported if you have the space, in which case you will need to pay for a custom enclosure to be designed and built for them, as the store bought ones will NOT perform well. The home you put the speakers in makes all of a world of difference. If you're not willing to pay the $140-$200 for a proper enclosure, just buy a sealed one from whatever store. As for an amp, if you wanna push them as much as you can, find an amp that does 1200w RMS @ 1 or 2 ohms. We need to know the voicecoil configuration on yours to be able to help you properly.

the pioneer amp is trash to be honest. they seem to make speakers sound terrible and as for a bandpass, dont use it. just build you a nice slot ported box. 4.0 cubic feet at 30hz would be great for those. find an amp that does a clean 1000w RMS and you will enjoy those subs for a long time.

Good deal on $80 for each. No bandpass bro. Professional built ported, or a store-bought sealed. I wouldn't use the pioneer amp. And we need to know what they voice coil configuration is on those before we can help with the amps. Are they Dual 2-ohm or Dual 4-ohm?

Yeah I would go with a slot ported box too. Don't try a bandpass box, too complicated and narrow response range. Are the Kickers Dual 2 ohm or Dual 4 ohm voice coils? We would really need more info on the Pioneer amp to say for sure, but my initial answer would be don't use it unless you have to.

So they are dual 2 ohm? It'll say it on the back of the woofer, or on the box. If so, you'll want an amp that makes around 1200w at 2ohms.

And no on the box. If you're going to buy from a store, buy sealed, and make sure it is all 3/4" MDF or thicker.

If you want to run ported, which you really should for those anyways, you'll need a box designed and built specifically for your speakers in your car. Otherwise they tend to just sound like shit and perform poorly.

is there any premade good box for these its just i was in an acedent nad had my thumb amputated and i cant build things like i used to. its the 2 ohm duel voive coil. it has the 4 connectors on each sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.