Help With The Power.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nc1go

Hey Guys. It is James with the 65 Galaxie Convertible.

I got

1 Orion 1600 amp 800w pure

1 Directied Amp 400 Pure

1 Yellow Top battery

1 140 amp Chrome Alt.(the biggest chrome amp i could find)

1 Farrad C.

My lights still dim running down the road.

My voltage guage stays above 12 running down the road but drops at idle.

I here you guys talking about bigger alts. but chrome for my old ford? maybe another battery? What do you think. Experts.

Thanks,

James

Help a old guy out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif www.caraudio.com/vg/showimage.php?i=5544&c=2

hhmmm it could be your alt not putting that much output at idle..or maybe you have an electical issue somewhere else like i do..ihave a xexon 1200 and an alpine mrv-t420 170x2 at 14.4 and 75x2 at 12 with a yellow top big 3 done and a 175amp alt and stll gettin some bad dimmage but maybe you can find another alt that puts out higher #`s at idle..also look ino the big 3..do a search n you`ll find 100`s of threads bout it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.