Help with subs and amp install...factory infinity amplified system Chrysler 300m

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 99 chrysler 300m with factory 2 ohm infinity system. I have two subs that are 800 watts rms at 4 ohm. I want to purchase an aftermarket amp for the subs alone and connect it to the factory head unit.

I have researched a line out converter in order to use the head unit. What I don't yet know is if I will have to run my subs at 2 ohms and how exactly will the line out converter tie into a system that already is using an amp. Do I need to have amps tied into each other somehow?

The installs I have seen with a line out converter have tied into the rear speakers of the car or into the factory wiring harness. I'm just so confused as to how this plays out with the factory amp and speakers.

I have installed an aftermarket system before but not with these conditions. Any help with how to accomplish this safely and successfuly would be a big help.

the line output converter takes speaker level signals and reduces them to RCA level. so you simply tap the speaker wires at the largest speakers (after the factory amp) and input to the LOC. you'll need a some length of speaker wire to route from each speaker to the LOC (which can be next to the amp).

you'll want a LOC that gives you a turn-on signal (David Navone Engineering has one), or an amp with Auto Turn-On so that you don't need to hassle with a remote from the factory HU/Amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.