HO alt idle issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
It doesnt happen often but!

Without dropping low voltage I will have low idle every once in a blue moon. It seems to be fine after the motor heats up but it never happened before and its a new car with only 15000 miles. It seems to be happening less every day, break in thing?

My car drops to 500 RPMs every once in a while at stop signs after I installed a HO. Its starting to happen less after it warms up and less every day. WTF is happening?

How long has it been happening? It hasnt caused any new issues?
it just happens, is this your first time ever owning a car bro?

my v8 feels like it almost skips a beat every now and then, i'm not worried about it because it's perfectly normal.

it just happens, is this your first time ever owning a car bro?my v8 feels like it almost skips a beat every now and then, i'm not worried about it because it's perfectly normal.

This is my first time having a HO.. I had my first car at 14 and Im 31, I've had a new car about every 2 years so add that up!

It didnt happen till I changed the alternator and the car is still new! THIS IS WHY IM ASKING THE QUESTION. I guess I never had a ****** ride so I never experianced this issue before!

This is my first time having a HO.. I had my first car at 14 and Im 31, I've had a new car about every 2 years so add that up!
It didnt happen till I changed the alternator and the car is still new! THIS IS WHY IM ASKING THE QUESTION. I guess I never had a ****** ride so I never experianced this issue before!
HA HA HA there you go again putting yourself so high and mighty. maybe if at times you stopped acting like such a prick people would be more prone to help you... just sayin

HA HA HA there you go again putting yourself so high and mighty. maybe if at times you stopped acting like such a prick people would be more prone to help you... just sayin
Sorry bro. I have to lead ******** kids all day, and it gets old. I though I made the issue plan and clear but I guess not

Sorry bro. I have to lead ******** kids all day, and it gets old. I though I made the issue plan and clear but I guess not
there really isn't a problem. now if you were to say it bogs out and makes my car die then yeah that would be a problem. it does it to my car sometimes, and doesnt affect nothing. its a stronger alt and pulls more on your crank. maybe thats why you get that sudden feeling of losing power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.