Help with Skipping!

Astyl
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Bedford, NH
Alright so i own a Alpine CDA-9851, i recently changed my sub stage a little bit and since the new box ( its alot louder ) my CD Player Skips, it will be playing music fine then like stop for 2-3 second increments then play it again and sometimes it will skip around on the music and play random parts. Just started when i put in my new louder setup and only happens when i crank the bass

Anyone have any solutions to stop ur player from skipping with heavy hitting bass?

my alpine 9853 skips at high high volumes as well... Im going to be hooking up my ipod to the unit to see if the skipping goes away.. but i have to wait for a new cord for my ipod

I've got the same problem, and recently got a Ipod, awaiting a new battery and cable for it to see if it helps
yea, im going to be installing a everstart maxx drycell battery from wall mart for 62 dollars out the door... Hopefully this will fix the solution of the skipping problem because i know i can go alot louder, but its hard to try to maxx your **** out if your subs and highs cut out.

yea, im going to be installing a everstart maxx drycell battery from wall mart for 62 dollars out the door... Hopefully this will fix the solution of the skipping problem because i know i can go alot louder, but its hard to try to maxx your **** out if your subs and highs cut out.
Dunno if that was supposed to be sarcastic or not, sounded like it..

As in battery, I was talking about the battery in the Ipod I bought.

While on the subject of wally world batteries though, Would one of those work fine in my trunk if I put it straight up (not on its side or anything)? I know the YT's and Kinetiks don't have the vents on the side, but can that hurt bring inside my trunk?

no i wasnt being sarcastic, Im really going to buy a wal-mart dry cell battery with a 3 year warrenty for 60 bucks... with the battery,, Im going to just buy a battery box for 7 dollars and just mount it sitting right side up.

Alrighty lol, sorry I took it the wrong way.

I'm thinking about the same, can get 2 or 3 of those for the price of a yellow top, and I don't see how those will work just as good if not better

****,, Even it they go dead, you can go exchange them and get a brand new one whenever you want... But back to the skipping, I hope that hookin up my ipod fix's my skipping problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.